A LETTER FROM MY MOTHER...since learning TTATT

by Blackfalcon98 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

does she know that brothers in minnisota have beards for warmth?

does she have an answer to why the society has beards on all thier men in the illistrations?

does she have any scripture to support it?

this was always an issue for me the hair amd beard thing.

why are moustaches ok???

my husband grew a beard years ago for a family photo, and the brothers told him he had to shave before he gave his next talk.

if he knew then what he knows now [hed for one not been there lol,] he would have ignored them.

i prefer him with a beard, he has no chin,

i dont find him attractive in the least bit without one. [im not a fan of beards, theyre ok, but for him i think he needs one.]

i like those beards that are short tp the face with flames cut into them, cool.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"She doesn't know the difference between what the Bible says and what humans claim it says." --DataDog

This.^^^^

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Funny. Not too long ago I went to jw-archive.org and saw someone posting about Coco Rocha and her life as a modeling JW. I went on and asked if anyone here thought it was ok for her to go on field service. Everyone seemed confused as to why I would ask such a question. I pointed out at the 1000's of pictures of her you can find in google, were she helps promotes this wordly fashion, probably designed by gays. She looks like a zombie and like many models, looks like she has not eaten in weeks. Apparently this is not inappropiate, not only for a JW, but also not unapropiate for FS. Everyone attacked me for critiziing her. I pointed out that I was told to remove my goatte before the elders allowed to enter the Ministry School (shortly after my first study) and everyone agreed that it was wrong for the elders to demand such thing. Did I go to the wrong site?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Well, is this about more than the goatee? Does she know the direction you are going in other than your rebelliously growing a goatee? . She seems kind of reasonable for a JW mom (just sayin').

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

She does, kinda. I have been increasingly critical of the man-made rules. I have bragged about the benefits I experience from college, and have emphasized how 'priviledges' in the congregation are a poor measure of "spiritual maturity/progress". I have compared the insitance on being clean-shaven to the circumcision issue. Im convinced that Jah is not offended by the creation! I haven't underlined "studied" for any of the boasting sessions, and I have limited commenting (if the elders call on me) to the bible highlights or reading a scripture. Underlining answers in a magazine isn't studying! More than that, I've often caught my mother "studying" the WT without looking up the cited scriptures! Context is key, but the asleep just dont get it! I pray for them to wake up!

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

I believe she suspects I may be apostate.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If she believes the GB are the "voice of Jehovah" then she won't label you as an apostate. Why? Because there was a WT article saying that we shouldn't do that.

DD

• LogCon
    LogCon

StarTrekAngel said,' ....Not too long ago I went to jw-archive.org and saw someone posting about Coco Rocha and her life as a modeling JW. I went on and asked if anyone here thought it was ok for her to go on field service. Everyone seemed confused as to why I would ask such a question. I pointed out at the 1000's of pictures of her you can find in google, were she helps promotes this wordly fashion, probably designed by gays. She looks like a zombie...'

You mean like this?

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I remember when I stopped attending meetings and I grew out my beard for like 2 weeks. Next thing you know, this sister I went to high school with (we were close friends. Now she's a parrot for the borg) texted me saying she knows I'm not alright despite telling her I was and I couldn't be happier. One of the reasons apparently was that I grew out a beard. I have always questioned that and never got a legitmate answer. I would have accepted "it looks sloppy" and it would have been a way better answer than anything I got.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Ah, the infamous high school sister, the supposed 'close friend' ......they will diss you in a moment for the org. The mind control is real

DEFINETLY A CULT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit