ROKU INVASION!!!

by DATA-DOG 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

If you look under the religious section on roku, every decent sized religion has a channel.

This religion is becoming more and more mainstream by the day!

Un-fucking-believable.

It's embarrassing to think that I actually used to believe this was "the one true religion"!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Your not alone their my freind

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It was my perceived "separateness from the World" about the Org that gave me some assurance that it was the true religion. The one true religion would not follow the herd.

Boy, has that changed !

Follow the Herd they do, and not very quickly, we used to be fooled in to thinking they were ahead of the game, innovative, but now it is obvious they simply follow the lead of the other religions, and are very late to the party.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This guy is following the Herd! ( albeit, a photo-shopped one..)

DD

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

My mom in law, now has internet service, she can't afford, a tablet she can't understand, a roku player, with just the jw app set up on it!

She is 84 years young!

Dwain

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

oh thats funny, just last night ny mom was telling me how the one 'brother' in her hall showed her on her android tablet how to get to the jw website and use it, and the circus oversee ing it all showed her how to show people at the door the video.

OMG I nearly burst out laughing, If you knew my mom, to see her at a door holding a tablet fumbing with a speech, and promoting a website and a doctrine

is absolutely the dumbest thing I have every imagined.

I felt like saying, well gee mom, I guess the good old bible isnt good enough anymore huh?

they have a roku, and barely know how to use it.

sickenning

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

Screw ROKU I have a Mac mini as a set top box. If you want to see something cool, google Kodi.tv When a Netflix executive has a nightmare, he sees the KODI logo.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Either ROKU or Apple TV. Those are the two making the rounds locally. I keep telling them all that I flatly refuse to spend any money to watch those videos on my TV. If I want to, I'll just hook up an HDMI cable to my laptop and that costs me nothing. (Yeah, sure, like I really want to... LOL!)

• Odrade
    Odrade

My in-laws are doing the same. Took MIL to costco to get her new tablet, and set up all the JW garbage on it. Now teaching her how to use it. For now, we are practicing "reply to an email." Next I will teach her "write a new email."

She replied to an email last night something like this:

How do I get apps? YOU CAN SEE TAHT I HAVE GOTTEN STUCK WITH CAPITAL LETTERS AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN IT OFF. MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS BUT i WILL SIGN OFF FOR NOW.

omg I laughed 'til I cried. I have to admit, I'm getting my money's worth for the entertainment value. The inlaws are in their 70s and 80s, and can barely operate a basic flip cellphone. They haven't asked for a ROKU yet...

• stillin
    stillin

Same problem in my house. HAD to buy the newest model Roku so as to be able to watch Watchtower TV. Our old Roku was just fine. Now my grown son complains when his daughter comes home "Jehovah this and Jehovah that." All because of Caleb and Sophia being so darn CUTE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit