At This Point In Time Would You Ever Subject Yourself To A Judicial Committee?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• bafh
    bafh

I have considered if I ever went back [as in "took leave of my senses"], would I respond to their attempts to "shepherd" me back into the flock? The answer is NO. I don't feel the manner in which they carry out their confession of sin and judicial discipline are in line with the scriptures and what was intended. Since they are not the "voice of God" they perport to be, there is no reason for me to give them more consideration in how I carry out my life than any other person I come into contact with.

Were they to approach me, I would say, "Thank you for your concern. I'll let you know if I need anything." With a big smile, and walk away. No matter what they said to me after that, I would just smile and repeat. Eventually, they would give up and leave me alone.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have a lot to worry about. This is not one of them. None of my elder "buddies" would even remember my name - and some are dead. For remaining living elders to track me down would take an effort that would not be worth the effort.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

I might agree to a meeting and then pull a no show just to screw with them.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I wouldn't. I got better things to do like getting high and going to work. Maybe not in that order.

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

They seem to act as though they are "Above the Law".

Like a bunch of "Gangsta's"

The more I study posts on this Forum, I just can't stand the J-Dub Club even more. How they stole our son from us is like a direct insult to our family. Karma is a Bitch.................Their day will come.

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

I never went to mine.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

An elder and the CO turned up at my door the other day.

Luckily I heard a car door followed by the front gate looked out the window

and saw who it was, so I didn't answer it.I have no idea what they wanted,

but it couldn't have been good.

JC , nooo, not a snowballs chance in hell.Catch me if you can.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I am not baptized, so no jc for me. However, if they wanted to do a shepherding call I would talk to them. And record it. It would be interesting to hear what they would say. There is nothing they could say that would make me a believer. I would do it because their lack of answers may help my husband.

• clarity
    clarity

When I first realized those basturds lied to me,

and sent me out to preach those lies ....oh yes I

wanted to mess with them!

Now ....I wouldn't dirty my hands!

I have a lawyer ready if & when...they can talk to him!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It would be like two uneducated, inexperienced Middle aged men from the local town wanting to come discuss your personal life with you then tell you their judgment of your life actions.... Ermm go f*$k yourself....

Seriously these guys don't know the bible, don't know the doctrines, don't know science, don't know law, don't know medicine....

They only know the elders book. What value do they have to anyone but the organisation they serve?

next!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit