At This Point In Time Would You Ever Subject Yourself To A Judicial Committee?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

i certainly wouldn't. And if the elders wanted to have a meeting with me, I would respectfully decline. If the elders wanted to deal with you, would you talk with them?

• AlwaysBusy
  • JeffT
    JeffT

I might, just for the fun of it. When accepting I'd tell them that I'd be willing to talk to them, but that I don't recognize them as having any authority over me. I'd have a TV news crew and a lawyer with me when I showed up. I know, they wouldn't talk to me under those circumstances, but would look good on the seven o'clock news.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

No.

Why do you say you would "respectfully decline"? What is there to respect about the JW "judicial process"?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Yes, I would. And once the committee would be over, I would automatically appeal. I will not go out without a fight and telling them what I honestly believe. My argument would be simple: By disfellowshipping me, you are accusing me of not worshipping God anymore. I do not believe this to be true and true and would argue on it. I have been raised a JW and have given many precious years to that organization, I would take the same pleasure Jesus had by calling them hypocrites.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I'm at the point where I really don't care if I got DF'd, so if it comes to the point where I get asked to come to a JC, I'd discuss it with my wife and do whatever we decide together. If I go, I'm recording it.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I think I would. Just for the fun of it.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Knowing what I know now, having the confidence I now possess, having learned from RAY PUBLISHER (and others) how to record it... I would LOVE to go into a JC meeting.

Oh.... HELL YES!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I would go if they let me wear my coloured socks, spandex pants, and Metero sexual shirt.

• under the radar
    under the radar

No, not under any circumstances. According to their Flocking the Sheep book, if you agree to a judicial committee meeting you are acknowledging the congregation's authority over you.

Let me be clear: the Society has no flocking authority over me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit