A day in the life of a Cop...my story. The truth.

by Witness 007 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• zeb
    zeb

It is very easy to say train to shoot to wound. When an individual often in company comes at you things happen in micro seconds. To shoot to wound assumes the offender will then put down their weapon.. not necessarily. and assuming you are shooting to wound requires shooting to hit the limbs. Someone coming at you in a rage doesnt hold their limbs out nice and straight. They have to be stopped and quickly to protect your own life and that of your colleaguesd and anyone else around you that means shoot for main body mass.

I strongly suggest all readers here obtain and study the following books.

In no particular order:

"On Combat" by Lt Col Dave Grossman with Loren W. Christensen. Warrior Science publications

"Deadly Force Encounters" by Dr. Alexis Artwohl and Loren W. Christensen. Paladin Press, ISBN 13:978-0-87364-3.

"The Cost of Bravery" by Allan Sparkes. Penguin/Michael Joseph ISBN, 9781921901577.

"Crack in the Armor" by Jimmy Bremner with Connie Adair. Bremner. ISBN 978-0-9866957-0-4.

"Exit Wounds" by Major General John Cantwell with Greg Bearup. Melbourne University press.97890522861785 (pbk) and 9780522861792 (e-book).

If dear friends you know anyone in a uniform whether military or civil then there is three things here. One,you will be enlightened; Two and you will be able to lend them or better buy them a copy of any of the above. Three, TV and movies have a lot to answer for.

In addition the suited slick and made up tv presenters who condemn the law enforcement "sheep-dogs" are NEVER there when the SHTF.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I would hate to be a police officer. The good get maligned with the bad and the public sees so much and hears so much that your work is only that much more of a challenge.

Take care! My favorite Starbucks friend here in Houston is a constable in a nearby neighborhood and he sees a lot more action than anyone would imagine of a policeman who has a patrol in a nice neighborhood.

• cofty
    cofty

Just want to say thanks for an interesting OP. Stay safe.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Not all police are angels doing the right thing, I have had experience of injustice from police. I don't feel I can go to them for support. But thats my experience. Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have the same experience as Kate....perhaps it's just some (most it seems!!!), UK coppers that have presented themselves as totally untrustworthy.

I have close relatives that are/were coppers......I have learned how (ahem!!) some of them really are.

The system is not all it seems I'm afraid.

As the Doctor said: 'Give a monkey control of its environment it will fill the world with bananas.'

• Abe Ostate
    Abe Ostate

Just want to say that whoever is deleting my posts is a coward, and given the censorship we discuss on this forum that the WT perpetuates, a hypocrite.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

I have nothing but respect for cops! A very high stress job that's hard on marriages and mental health. If I don't agree with the cop, I just keep my cool, that's what courts are for. They should definetely have guns, I just wish they would reach for the night stick, or pepper spray once in a while, when not in mortal danger.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It seems that some people interpreted my comment as saying that cops are always justified in using their guns, and some interpreted it as saying cops should have their guns taken away. Just pointing that out because I think it's interesting.

I was trying to say that cops need a weapon that stops someone non-lethally, as effectively as a gun, but that is more capable than a taser. Unless there are repeat-firing tasers that I'm not aware of, you only get one chance when firing the taser.

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, so many people think the police are evil - always seems to be people who'd had run-ins with the law for one reason or another. Amazing coincidence.

Reminds me of something Terry posted about his experience in prison: it's full of people who think they are innocent and got a raw deal - no one wants to admit to and own their crimes.

I think you either want to strengthen the justic system or you want to undermine it. Wanting to strengthen it means acccepting that there will be corruption but focusing on how to fix it. Undermining it means wanting to throw out the baby with the bath water and not recognise the essential good that is done simply because of a personal experience where, heaven forbid, there is a remote possibility that we may actiually have been in the wrong.

I think the police do a remarkable job are are incredibly restrained when dealing with some of the dross in the world.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I have had dealings with cops here in the USA and let me tell you they are not what you describe. They have an arrogant attitude, lie, and cheat to get the so called bad guys and are trained not to wound but to kill. They are also trained the way Jw's are through a box so to speak where they get only the information the legal system wants them to get. They have a shoot first ask questions later attitude and many I repeat many innocent people have been shot by cops in the USA. I am not saying all cops are bad, just like not all JW's are bad but their whole world is messed up and their view of it is messed up. I also forgot to mention the whole legal system here is about money so when a cop shows up it usually costs you..

Again not all cops are bad and they try to do a good job, but as an example of what we are dealing with. I was talking to an old friend that was a cop and an instructor at an academy. He said when the new recruits would come in they would tell them straight away that they knew the reason they were really there is because they had a gun or uniform fetish or were power hungry and he said most in all reality did fall into one of those categories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit