A day in the life of a Cop...my story. The truth.

by Witness 007 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Truthbknown-- thank you for your perspective. I have been wondering why people often die rather than just get wounded so you answered my question.

I have a huge amount of respect for law enforcement. Undoubtedly there are crooked cops or cops who are racist or whatever, but I know they are not the majority. I certainly wouldn't want their job and appreciate the fact that they are here to protect the public and to protect me.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I have had negative experiences with cops & still don't hate them.

Back in 1994 I had a restraining order against my first husband #1(who was a large black male) because he had a violent temper. When I tried to pick up my kids from visitation, #1 started a fight with current husband#2 (small white guy) beating the crap out of him giving him 2 black eyes & bloody nose in front of my 3 young children. I got into it with #1's girlfriend and I ended up with a black eye. The offending parties had no marks on them.

When the cops showed up, they threatened to take everyone to jail if we didn't keep our mouths shut, so no report was filed. And I had a restraining order!!!

I have since softened my heart toward law enforcement, but it did take me many years to learn to respect them again. I felt violated & not protected.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I was pulled over by the cops on "Austarlia Day" weekend this year and breath tested over .05 so I lost my licence for 6 months. I took the train to work it was a harsh winter but I DESERVED IT. They were doing their job and I apologized and accepted my guilt and lost alot of money on Taxi's. I was stupid and did the wrong thing. They did a good job and I have learnt to be more responsible when drinking. If you do the wrong thing hate yourself, not the "evil" cops who are doing their job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit