Hearing Kingdom Songs on Dateline.......sickened

by Mulan 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

Thank you Quotes, this song says it all!!! As I said in another post at the end of the dateline show I had some tears in my eyes for that girl when really I was thinking of someone else at the same time! It really hit home for me my friends!

Beans

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

This is so interesting,us all remembering how the KH music in Dateline made us feel.
    I'll never forget it.It caught me off guard,I did not expect it, and it felt erie or creepy to me.I didn't want to go where it was taking me in my mind.Thankfully it didn't last long.Strange!

ChiChi

• Jewel
    Jewel

So glad that so many felt the same way I did. I couldn't explain my response to my never-been-JW-husband.

When I was a teen, I remember we'd have sing-alongs. Pot-luck supper and then the entertainment for the evening would be to sit and sing Kingdom songs for a couple of hours. I don't like to sing, don't have the voice or the throat for it. Some of us "youth" would sit outside talking and trying to escape the radar, but it wouldn't be long before someone would round us up because the "singing was starting."

Gag!! Haven't thought about one of those for a looooonnnggg time...

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Oh Yeah , the songs made me sick too. It gave all of our ex jw family the creeps. Tell you what eles,,,, the pic of the old wt
    or awake of the little in the shadows of a child abuser... I actually had to leave the room. I cant beleive I became so overpowered by a picture of an old magazine.

My son and I died laughing at the pictures they used from the Reve.
    book,, dont ask why,,, but we have a morbid sense of humor. I think
    we were laughing because the pictures are so embarrassing and stupid.

As a whole everyone I have talked too about the show, said it was
    hard to watch and hard to hear all of the wt terminology again. I havent been in a kingdom hall in over a year and that was just a little too close for me.

• Salud
    Salud

It was creepy. My wife had to cover her ears and eyes, she was so freaked out by it all, but I have to admit it added a good touch to the show and it really gave the feeling of what it WAS like being part of it and how thankful we are not!!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I agree, Salud.

Dave said he hadn't realized how far we've come...........we never think about the meetings anymore, and seeing it all was just too creepy. So glad we aren't there anymore, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit