Hearing Kingdom Songs on Dateline.......sickened

by Mulan 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Did anyone else have the bile come up, when you heard those "kingdom songs" during the Dateline show? It made me feel ill.........and almost like leaving the room. I wonder why I have such an aversion to anything connected to a KH meeting? My husband said it definitely made him uncomfortable too. All in all it was a nice touch, for the dubs.........but not for me.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Quincy
    Quincy

Yes...I thought it was horrible...I was so angry at everything

• jst_me
    jst_me

My kids were at their dad's this weekend, and he makes them go to meetings, and they said that was the song this Sunday.

The show freaked them out. My daughter has said for a while she knows they are corrupt. What made the biggest impact to them is that Bill Bowen is still a brother, and that the other people they saw were df'd for speaking up.

My daughter also caught the lawyer-bethel guy in lies when he was talking about the proceedure for df'ing people, because she knows what happened in my case.

So, even for those of us who have not had to deal with the molestation issue, the show was great. I hated hearing the songs, but my kids heard them and knew that the story was real.

• muslima
    muslima

hmmm...thought it was just me ...hearing those songs gave me the creeps too...and I hate the way they stick in the back of your head!

• Scully
    Scully

Mulan

The really ironically sickening thing about the song they were singing was that it was the one called "Be Forgiving". It made me want to puke!

Love, Scully

• lydia
    lydia

It reminded me of how sickening those songs were - and how misleading they are - its a form of the brainwashing they use to keep those in - remember - all other music is Satan's Seed...
    Lyd

• Mulan
    Mulan

I just had a call from my niece, and the first thing she said was "I had the most horrible feeling, just hearing that music. Am I nuts, or did you feel that too?" I had to laugh and told her I had just then posted this thread. Glad we aren't the only ones.

I didn't catch the song theme, .........thanks for putting it back into my head, Scully.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• TheStar
    TheStar

Yeah and did they have to play that music twice in the segment?!?!?!?

• JBean
    JBean

Wow. I can't believe I had the same feeling. The chills went all along my arms! My (non-JW) boyfriend was looking at me in amazement the entire time the segement was on. He said my eyes were HUGE! Now I just have to sit through it again with my JW parents... hopefully they'll see the POINT! heh! Jbean

• jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

yeah, it freaked me out too. i had to go to an aquantance's house to tape it, and i just started crying in front of all of his friends. i couldn't help it. as it was being sung, i could remember the words and it made my skin crawl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit