I tripped into a JW literature cart

by diana netherton 31 Replies latest social relationships

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Most JW's are sincere, kind, and loving. I say most because those that are appointed such as Elder's know full well many things they are "secretly" privy to don't add up yet they continue the charade in order to maintain their position of respectability and power.

Sadly, the longer a JW stays in especially when "new light" is provided, the harder it will be to leave. I've always accepted the "new light" as a progressively way for JW's to fully understand the meaning of certain passages and prophecies. This is not the point of "new light". The point is to correct a mistaken view of the GB by blaming it on Jehovah and thus keeping their roles as spiritual leaders intact.

I'll always maintain a kind and sincere attitude when running across the JW's. It's like Jesus said to Jehovah, "Don't blame them for they do not know what they do."

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Diana - When you mentioned that you wished they had the carts when you were a kid, I'm sure their brains went ding, ding, ding, didn't they ask you if you're still a witness, and if not why don't you attend the meetings now?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Don't be a hater be a lover.

• cofty
    cofty

Don't be a hater be a lover.

I think it is an act of love to challenge their harmful delusions.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Shirley,

I did mention that I was not a JW..that I was raised in it though. I was very angry for many years about my situation but have finally come to a peaceful place. I do get frustrated when I read the literature at times. But I have learned to hold my tongue. If my family opens the discussion, then I am willing to talk about it. Otherwise, I remain silent. It's just better for me.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It would of been great if you said something to the effect that you're thinking of coming back if only someone could show you the scripture where jesus is said to do an inspection and after 4 years pick only one christian religion as is only mouthpiece..

• erbie
    erbie

Absolutely, just be your usual, happy self. They are half expecting you to be belligerent because that is what they have been led to believe. When they visit me now believe me, I am far more effective at doing what they do than they are. And they find that very troubling indeed...

Error, cannot compute...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done D.N ! I wonder if you had fallen and really hurt yourself and were forced to seek Compensation, would the JW Org pay ?

Nah, don't be silly, the individuals manning the carts will have to pick up the tab if that scenario ever happens.

I am with Cofty on their beliefs, I simply could not bring myself to even feign respect for their beliefs, they simply do not merit respect, anymore than other wacky belief systems like Scientology.

I like to plant a seed if possible, a short while ago I met an Elder, his wife and two other JW's that I did not know. The Elder is a sweet old boy that I have great affection for, I would not want to challenge his beliefs, I think he needs them, but I would not let him totally take the high ground when he said " I want to know what has happened to you Phizzy".

The inference was that there was something wrong with me for leaving, so I simply said, "I will not go in to detail, but I will tell you this, I have always been, and I still am, a Lover of Truth".

The ball is now in his court to prove to me they have the "truth" and I should be part of it.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Phizzy: i like that response. It is simple, truthful and direct

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have read posts where people are unpleasant and shout out at these JWs but I really don't see a reason to be rude.

You catch a wasp with sugar not vinegar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit