Psychological Effects of Color

by RedPillPopper 33 Replies latest jw friends

• kaik
    kaik

I see JW individuals as gray. They dressed in gray colors, were living gray life. We used to call lonely JW females a gray mouse in KH. I associate the people with this color. Colors are also cultural. I lived in decade where red was not acceptable and there was total repulsion toward it due Soviet occupation. Later years with was sky blue or green as a symbol of political movements in 1990's. Pink used to be masculine color in the 18th century Europe all the way to the French revolution. Romans preferred purple or violet colors as a symbol of their wealth, while green is associated with Islam. For us guys, we have basic colors likes the 16 on old windows. Fuschia is flower that I plant in the spring. Peach is fruit, and pumpkin is veggie.. I do not associate it primary with the colors.

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks, Orphan. That's what I remember from 20 years ago, so, yeah, I could be mixing things up a bit.

You're welcome.

• talesin
    talesin

thanks, LV101!

(so tired, sorry ..........

hey, let's all just PAINT!

mwah mwah!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thanks, Orphan. That's what I remember from 20 years ago, so, yeah, I could be mixing things up a bit.

You're welcome.

I apologize. I have been busy and have neglected this thread.

Understanding color mixing can be confusing - additive and subractive mixing are different. One applies to mixing paint (additive) and one applies to mixing light (sutractive). All additive colors together make black and white is made by mixing all of the colors of the light spectrum together.

The color wheel was a Renaissance invention that enabled artists to scientifically approach the problem of how to accurately represent the reflected light that our eyes see. The color wheel is an artificial construct.

Color is a property of light and that is where a basic understanding of the physics of light can be valuable in understanding how color is mixed and perceived by the human seeing apparatus. The color wheel is based upon the visible light spectrum. If you take a band of light and wrap it around to make a circle, you have all the colors on the outside of the color wheel represented, each in its pure form - the nanometers of the visible light spectrum. That is what determines the 'purity' of a paint color - how closely it matches a single nanometer on the visible light spectrum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit