Psychological Effects of Color

by RedPillPopper 33 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There are positive and negative reactions to colour.

Blue can be calming it can also be depressing.

Red can stimulate anger or appetite.

I think blue is also most peoples fave colour.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The jokehovian energy is gray. That is what I felt it to be. And notably, they insist that everything be some sort of dirty color, or dark gray. Suits had to be either a dirty green, dirty dark red, dirty blue, dark brown, or dark gray. Shirts had to be white. Most field circus bags were either a dark brown, a dirty dark shade of red, or dark gray. Even umbrellas were usually a dirty shade of a dark color or dark gray--even though it is blatantly obvious that a bright yellow is safer in traffic because drivers can see a yellow umbrella before a gray one in rainy conditions.

Gray is also the energy of suffering, stagnation, and damnation. And, ultimately, with enough gray energy, you can become sick and die. How many jokehovian witlesses get diseases and die early, or always seem to be sick? (And that doesn't include the ones that die because of an accident while in field circus or because they can't get blood in the event of a regular accident.) How many jokehovian witlesses are reasonably well off? Not very. Most are poor or become poor soon after becoming jokehovians. And the upbeat attitude is about as genuine as our "dollars" that are based on debt and soon destined to become toilet paper.

• talesin
    talesin

Blue is considered a colour of healing by indigenous people in my part of the world. It kinda fits in with this.

Also, I remember learning years ago, that green is a restful colour. I know that is one way to find peace - lying on the grass, looking up into the sea of green that is a maple tree in summer. ;)

It's kinda surprising that all this is 'new'. The thing about red (and as the main component of orange as one of its complementary colours, perhaps orange as well) can be an agitating colour - that's another thing that I learned as a young'un. Actually, I do love red as well, true red. But once it is tinged with yellow, hmm, it is not as pleasing to my eye. Orange, for me, is dischordant.

very interesting, thanks!

• LV101
    LV101

Orange is the happiest of all colors - according to color analysts is mood lifting. Red is one of the basic colors to create orange - not it's complementary color. Red's complementary color is green. Orange's complementary color is blue.

• talesin
    talesin

Umm, LV 101.

There are 3 primary colors - Red, Blue and Yellow.

Green is made by mixing Blue and Yellow, and is not a primary colour. Orange is made by combining Red and Yellow, and is also not a primary. Its complementary colour would mainly be comprised of Blue, but mixed with yellow.

Now, I did get my term wrong "complementary" ,,,,,,,, I should have said analogous. Green and Orange are both analogous (mixed from primary colors) and complementary. Green & purple (red & blue) are complementary colors. Orange and Aqua (blue and yellow) are complementary colours.

Sorry for the mistake. I am a painter, but also get terms mixed, and it makes me crazy. Sorry.

xx

t

• talesin
    talesin

PS. I had to look up analogous (the word, ack). I hate my bad memory, and *sigh* have always had conceptual issues with the colour wheel. It works best when I'm 'just mixing'. ;) Tks.

http://graf1x.com/color-wheel/

Edit: Now, after reading that, I was initially thinking "secondary",,,,,,,, no that's too easy!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I have always been very particular about color and how it affcts mood. Recently I purchaced a Philips LED living colors light. I can light the corner of a rooom with any mood of color desired. Although purchaced in the UK, color is spelt the USA way, minus the - u.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Uniforms of Nazi soldiers in WW 2 were grey.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Actually, according to my college art class, it's not red that is the primary color, it's fuchsia.

Red can't be primary because it can be mixed to create by adding a little yellow to fuchsia. If you need to mix anything to create a color, then it's not primary.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Actually, according to my college art class, it's not red that is the primary color, it's fuchsia.

I think you might have this mixed up a bit, Grreatteaher.

Fuschia - or magenta - does not exist within the visible light spectrum. Our brains make it up because our eyes don't respond to that particular wave of the electromagentic spectrum. Magenta sits outside of the nanometers that our eyes are attuned to. It is a combination of both ends of the visible light spectrum and those ends don't meet - our brain makes the loop.

Red is a 'primary' color.

You, or your instructor, may have 'primary' confused with 'purity' of color.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit