My JW Friend Has a Response to DATELINE

by Mister Biggs 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nikita
    Nikita

Biggs,

Sleestack (sp?), huh? I just got used to you as Leslie Nielsen, then Fat Albert!

Nikita

• carolbell
    carolbell

The K.H. that my son goes to would just tell them not to watch and they wouldnt.For instance,several years ago there was a movie called "A Perfect World". with Kevin Costner.Everybody at the K.H. and my son were all excited because in the story line,there was a family of Jehovahs Witness.The child that was kidnapped was a J.W.The next meeting they were told not to view this movie as it shows the witnesses in the wrong light All of a sudden the same people who thought it was an excellent movie depicting J.W.'s hated the movie.

• PraiseJah
    PraiseJah

I've been coming to this site for a few weeks now (along with a few
    others) reading your comments. This will be my first posting. I just
    wanted to add some more obsurd feedback from active JW's who watched
    the program Tuesday night.

I'm another JW who has been around them all my life. I'm not DF'ed,
    but not active either. I guess after two months of NOT going to the
    meetings you would think someone would call me out of concern.
    But not one single elder (or brother for that matter) has.

I work with two brothers (in different congregations than I), and
    I asked them separately if they watched and if so what they thought.
    Both of them had watched the show, but to my surprise they both
    put it down calling it all "LIES", and one even said to "remember
    that its TV and that its not real." LOL I guess there's no reason
    to watch the news or weather anymore...it's not real. Then he added
    his feelings about the sister who worked as a researcher at Bethel
    for all those years, saying that she "exaggerated" those figures basically calling her a liar, too.

These comments pissed me off. It was just another reason why I
    want out. I believe you practice what you preach, anything less
    and you're a hypocrit. Sure, we all make mistakes and all that.
    But how's come its OK to make excuses and cry "we're imperfect"
    yet others can't? The catholics have created problems for
    themselves, but will they be able to get away with their child
    molesting? No.

Another point made on Dateline was regarda to "accustions".
    They say that if one had been raped or molested that they should
    do as the bible says and bring forth two or more other people
    who had been witness to it. I'm sure they will be lining up
    in the libraries, won't they?

And what happens when all 100% of the victims can't come up with
    any witnesses? They are called liars. And then when they are
    completely left heart-broken because they trusted in the elders
    and put everything they had on the line to come forth...nothing.
    It will be their word against another in the congregation. They
    can say that there is no law in their state requiring to turn in
    one of their own. They might read some scriptures and some
    good-hearted brothers may give some comfort, but most will say
    let it go, Jehovah will take care of things in due time.

Its quite obvious that this organization has some problems.
    I, personally, have never expected absolute perfection. I know
    that there will be some bad apples in the bunch, but I never
    expected the "only hope for salvation" to be like THIS!

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Hi, PraiseJah.

Welcome to the Board. May you find comfort here at this site!

Your story and perspective are interesting. Let everyone here get to know you. Perhaps you can start a new thread introducing yourself.

Biggs

• Salud
    Salud

PraiseJah,

Welcome aboard!! The response is very typical of JW's. My brother called my mom and told her not to watch 'cause it is full of apostates.' Never mind they don't have a clue who was on the show or what it is really about. These are all well rehearsed responses, just like the well rehearsed magazine presentations at the Service meeting.

Interesting that Barabara Andersons has had info. on the Society all this time (years) but all of a sudden issues are now being raised regarding it and her standing in the cong. is now being questioned.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Hi PraiseJah
    Welcome! We'd love to hear more from you.

HAs the WT officially denied the claims and cases? If I am informed correctly, they have not but called the victims and advocates apostate and Jehovah haters. What do they do instead? They pursue DFing the people for what? Sowing Discord among believers. Not for lying or false reports but sowing discord. Says a little something, No?

As to what should be done, any criminal needs to face the music so to speak. Whether they are religious or not or repentant or not. I happen to be a christian but would never consider concealing crimes just because the offender was sorry and asked for help. Goodness, who gave the WT the right to forgive the molesters for the victims? You can't 'forgive' something for someone else. Even repentant criminals must take the consequeces for their actions- including Jail.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

If all the people in the Dateline Story LIED, why didn't Brooklyn meet with Dateline and TELL them that!? Why not provide EVIDENCE of lying? (of course, I know there is NONE) Instead all that was offered was a video NON-response and a couple of cases involving non-JW molesters. And that was after Dateline waited 6 months!

Biggs,

Glad your wife watched with an open mind. Perhaps, she awakening from her trance. Be gentle with her.

Andee

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Andee-

Thanks! Hopefully she'll she the organization for what it really is:
    Mind control and power.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Praisejah

it's not real
    A couple of questions come to mind:

If the dateline wasn't real, then are the pedo charges aginst the rc church real?
    Why would the media, which has been on a feeding frenzy on the rc pedo issue, fake up an attack on the wt?

Guess i already know their answer to the latter.

SS

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Perhaps the WT needs to hire the same firm Cardinal Mahony hired; I'm furious at their statment as why they have been hired and I'm very disgusted with Cardinal Mahony. U quote: "We are trying to equal reality. You can't do anything about "WHAT WAS", only what is and what will be". To me "WHAT WAS" involves real people suffering this evil for the rest of their lifes. To them it is and it will be! their lifes are damaged for ever. How could they call them "WHAT WAS"? Read by yourselves... so, am I as Catholic owe to think that the end of the world is around the corner? I think we need to come to facts and be able to reconize abuse regardless of our faith. I'm very happy for MrBiggs wife: she is open and not histerycal. I know I'm not going to get excommunicated for stating my position about the LA Archiodioce. They could use the money for therapy for the abused. Please, continue reading:

LA Archdiocese hires PR firm to help deal with scandal

Published 2:10 a.m. PDT Thursday, May 30, 2002
    LOS ANGELES (AP) - The nation's largest Roman Catholic archdiocese has hired a public relations firm to help deal with the ongoing priest abuse scandal.
    The Archdiocese of Los Angeles tapped Sitrick & Co., a Century City-based company that has dealt with high-profile cases. The company's clients have included troubled energy company Dynegy Inc., Global Crossing during its bankruptcy, actress Halle Berry following a traffic accident and comedian Paula Poundstone after her child-endangerment case.

The archdiocese was being advised by another public relations firm but church officials hired a new attorney, J. Michael Hennigan, who recommended Sitrick & Co.

"We're really proud to be involved in this," said Michael Sitrick, 54. "We're confident the church is taking proactive measures to make sure this doesn't happen again. I don't have to be Catholic to be anxious to help them work through this."

Cardinal Roger Mahony has tried to stave off questions from the public and media about the priest abuse scandal. More than 30 current or former priests of the archdiocese are now under investigation by law enforcement authorities for alleged sexual misconduct with children.

Hennigan chose Sitrick because the archdiocese "was not doing well in the press. I thought the press was focusing on the very negative aspects without the whole story coming out. Sitrick said the first order of business will be attempting to separate perception from reality.

"We're trying to get perceptions to equal reality," he said. "You can't do anything about what was, only what is and what will be."

Church officials did not disclose how much the public relations firm will receive for its work. However, Sitrick charged Orange County more than $400,000 when it dealt with bankruptcy in the mid-1990s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit