WT Study Article Nov. 23, 2014--Adam understood "day" to be 24 hours

by Cadellin 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

Satan knew that 1,000 yrs to GOD was one day, that's why he couldtell them they would not die. Adam and Eve only knew of 24 hours a day and later learned from not dying "that very day" that GOD's time table was not what they knew and lived day by day. We don't know how much GOD revealed himself to Adam. There is nothing to indicate that Adam had an "Abraham-like Friendship" with GOD or visa-versa.

• smiddy
    smiddy

This is where we need Fred Franz to come back from the grave and speculate on Eve's menstrual cycle for us.

Would the perfect Eve have a menstrual cycle ? periods ? I dont think so . And neither of them had belly buttons either , I learned when i was in.

smiddy

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, I haven't heard it for myself, but Band on the Run had reported in the past that she heard Franz give a talk where he explained that the time of the end (1975, or thereabouts) might be delayed by Eve's menstrual cycle or something. I'm not really sure what that has to do with the start of the seventh day, which was supposed to have started after God performed his last act of creation, making Eve.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Adam and Eve only knew of 24 hours a day

This is a projection of modern time-keeping and applying it to people who lived in pre-history (based on A&E being real, only for argument's sake).

The fact is, even if A&E actually existed (they didn't) we in 2014 have no idea how they calculated time in a day, or if they even did it at all. Maybe they didn't give a damn. Pure speculation at best.

....and later learned from not dying "that very day" that GOD's time table was not what they knew and lived day by day.

Pure speculation and wishful thinking. See above.

the time of the end (1975, or thereabouts) might be delayed by Eve's menstrual cycle or something.

A great example of WT delusion and nonsensical ramblings...then making doctrine out of it.

Why not argue (in the same vein of "logic") that the time of the end might be delayed based on when Eve first stubbed her big toe or ate a Kiwi?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit