Hello!

by mikeypants 35 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Mikeypants, just wanted to say to give your wife alot of slack right now. She's pregnant. Dude, women can be emotional wrecks when pregnant. Cry at new car commercials. Lots of hormone surges during pregnancy and then a complete drop off after she has the baby. Maybe a wive's tale, but if she feels anxiety and insecurity, those fear hormones will transfer to the baby on board. So, don't "come out" to her or give her any reason right now. Wise generals pick their battlefields and time of battle. Now, is not the time. You are dealing with a lifelong cult programming, and a pregnant woman. Just pamper her, take her out for long walks, and let her enjoy life. By enjoying life, she'll not be enjoying the WTS. So, every now and then, have her skip meetings if she's too tired, don't make her sit/endure long times at the assemblies, cut back her field service time, etc . . . . all in the name of her resting to take care of the baby growing inside her. Tell her that other's can participate more in Jehovah's work, but right now she needs to be selfish and take care of herself first and foremost. Treat her like absolute royalty right now.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Welcome to the board....it is a tough road. first question you need to ask yourself is: how much of a real JW is your wife? Having a kid could tilt it in either direction.

Good luck and make your stand now....later will be too late

remember....IT'S A CULT

GTTM

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome mikeypants glad to have you here ,

I wish I could get my hands on that actual Awake magazine ,I would send it on to as many journalists as I could think of in this country australia along with a letter denouncing the WTB&TS highlighting these kids as martys .

I beleive 2/3 of children/teenagers leave the religion as they mature into adults , so no child should be made to make a life or death decision based on religion when they may change their minds when they grow up.

I hope your wife is a reasonable person who can see the other persons veiwpoint , even if she doesnt agree with it.

smiddy

• cha ching
    cha ching

Just wanted to add, after reading Skeeter1's comment... I agree, spoil her, take her out, keep her from the meetings in any way you can "Let's go out to eat", "let's go to a weekend getaway"

Reason: It's easier for our brains when the clamps are not on every minute.

Develop your personal relationship with her, do the things that she is interested in.

Smiles, hugs & kisses are always remembered.

• skeeter1
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A big welcome to you. Are those "tight" mikey pants? Anyway, you are not baptized, so please don't allow others to raise your kids in the JW's. Let them be free. See ya around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit