Hello!

by mikeypants 35 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't know about y'all, but anyone who uses the word minutiae is good in my book. :)

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

Ha, thanks rebel8!

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

OneEyedJoe - Thanks for the link - very interesting.

Simon, Giordano, Sahs, thanks for the great advice

Thanks for the welcome Lisa.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

What passes for "spiritual food" in WTland is nothing but Tony Morris talking about the tightness of pants.

• flipper
    flipper

MIKETPANTS- Very nice to have you here ! Welcome indeed. We are here as a support to you, hang in there, take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• clarity
    clarity

Mikeypants..... great to see you on,

there is a lot of advice & help here!

Hope you can sort things out before baby

is born ...you have your work cut out for you!

Here is that sickening Awake mag...............

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/250254/2/just-curious-How-about-blood

clarity

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Welcome it is nice to have you on board. I hope as time goes by things will change in your life. Take Care. Still Totally ADD

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

My wife is pregnant and it due is June and thinking of raising a child as a JW sickens me. Tough road ahead.

One of the things that started me on the scary road of waking up is when (like myself) my 5 year old did his fist Bible Reading in the Ministry School. I suddenly realized that I was alowing my Son to be programmed the same way I had been.

Don't panic like I did...it's all a huge joke and is only as significant as you allow it to be.

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

Thanks all for your support and kind words and insight. I am sitting here now trying to figure out how to bring up how I’m feeling with the wife. It's making that first step that’s the hardest. I don’t know how she will take it. Some posters suggested starting out with the blood issue as she is pregnant and this would be a "legitimate" concern. I was thinking of writing her a letter and spelling things out. That way i can say everything on my mind and have the ability to pick my words wisely.

Any suggestions?

I dont want to come off as a crazy apostate.. :)

• cha ching
    cha ching

Welcome Mikeypants!

"Kids" can be a great way to start the conversation....

"So, dear, I was thinking about what has been happening in these court cases... i.e. 'Candace Conti', 'Southern CA/ Campos'

"How do you feel about the way the WT / GB have not been really caring about how the kids are not protected? I don't want that to happen to our child..."

Give her tiny bits of info, ask questions over a long period of time, from the viewpoint of protecting your child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit