Hello!

by mikeypants 35 Replies latest jw friends

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

Wanted to say hello to you all. I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I was raised a witness, never baptized (yay) and am married to a lovely baptized witness of Jehovah.

I had been trying to get back into it due to both our families being J Dbs but just never could get it into my heart. I’ve tried. I would actually love to be like the peeps at the hall that nod their heads over and over to the same minutiae that is repeated every week. It would make my life easier.

The last zone meeting put me over the edge and I decided that was enough. I stopped going and studying, told the brother he was wasting his time.

My wife is pregnant and it due is June and thinking of raising a child as a JW sickens me. Tough road ahead.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I look forward to participating on the site.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome along mikeypants, glad you found us Keep reading and researching, the truth about the "Truth" will out......great to have you here.

Paula x

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Welcome Mikeypants, glad you found us.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Welcome! It's great that your not baptized. Congrats on the baby as well.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, mikeypants! I think you made the right decision. Keep researching both sides from an objective distance.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Welcome.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hi Mikeypants , thats always a tough decision to make concerning if you should continue in a religion that is false on many of its teaching elements,

albeit there are some good wholesome living directives to be realized there as well.

From out of that perception of what is good and what is bad does create its own off balancing confusion.

The question that presents itself is can you live a wholesome honest life without religious dogma intrusively as a source of direction.

Personally I think you can, I left the JWS from being brought in it from birth many years ago.

Organized religion can offer conditional friends and acceptance but you can find good people who you want to associate yourself with

without carring a religious identity attached to those associated friendships.

Welcome to the forum

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Welcome aboard. When I was at the zone meeting, I was thinking to myself "we're going to see a lot of new members on JWN because of this" and sure enough there have been a few trickling in.

You'll find that there are a number of folks here in a situation similar to yours - dealing with a spouse that's in while you're waking up to TTATT. You're certainly not alone, and there's a lot of support here. You've definitely got a leg up on me, having never been baptized - I was born-in and almost made it, but at a weak, emotional point in my life my father pushed just the right button and I got dunked at 19. One more year and I would've been out of the house and could've had a normal life. Since you were never baptized, you may have better luck waking up your wife and keeping your kids out since she would've had to be a little lacking in faith to marry you in the first place.

Keep learning, and vent your frustration here so you don't blow up on your wife. Go slow in dealing with your wife, don't just dump all you learn on her in one big go. Best of luck to you in your journey!

• Magnum
    Magnum

I would actually love to be like the peeps at the hall that nod their heads over and over to the same minutiae that is repeated every week. It would make my life easier.

I understand what you mean when you say it would make life easier. I see a lot of mindless drones who are content like that. But you're not a mindless drone; you're too smart to be like that. You'd never really be content or happy being like that.

Welcome.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Welcome mikeypants!

Couple questions: how devout is your wife? Family? Take this into consideration as you make your exit.

Theres a chance your wife, even if she's really liberal will turn on baby-protection mode and try to forcefully raise the kid a JW. It could drive a wedge between you.

The first thing you need to do is find out exactly where she's at. Even a very liberal or inactive dub can turn on a dime. We've all been brainwashed from birth. Cults are dangerous creatures.

Anyway, explore the board a bit, feel free to comment. I'll bet you'll find lots of issues with the JWs that you never even knew about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit