Commentary Press

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 28 Replies latest jw friends

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I remember reading about the person that was given charge of commentary press on here a year or two ago... Since the site redesign I have had a hard time making sense of things here.

Who on this board knows the person that was bequeathed the rights?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Crazyguy - "What's a guy got to do to get some damn demons in his house?"

Buy some hair metal CDs?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Dan and Debbie Dykstra supposedly own the copyright. PM me if you want more info on that front...

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hello (again) everybody !

I recently heard from someone who has just finished translating Signs of the Last Days, by C.O. Jonsson & W. Herbst (under Commentary Press copyright), into French: he cannot get in touch with either the publisher (or copyright holder) or the authors. He apparently aims at free online publication only but still needs a formal agreement from whoever (if anyone) might be able to grant it...

Since this seems to be the latest thread on this topic, I bring it back to the top, in case anybody might help. If RayPublisher is still around, he or she may pm me...

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

BTTT and something else: any news about C.O. Jonsson would be helpful too. I seem to remember he used to post here once in a while (ten years ago or more); on this Swedish site I read he had been seriously ill in 2015, and couldn't reply to mail. So if anyone knows about him or how to get in touch with him (his French translator obviously cannot), please tell me (here or by pm).

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Narkissos, so nice to see you pop up. I can hardly express how much I have missed your posts. I have sent a PM.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Crisis of Conscience (5th edition) has now been published by NuLife Press. Available as hardback (ISBN: 978-0-9994992-0-7), paperback (ISBN: 978-0-9994992-1-4) and eBook (ISBN: 978-0-9994992-2-1).

Further information about copyright can be seen here.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    BTTT and something else: any news about C.O. Jonsson would be helpful too. I seem to remember he used to post here once in a while (ten years ago or more); on this Swedish site I read he had been seriously ill in 2015, and couldn't reply to mail. So if anyone knows about him or how to get in touch with him (his French translator obviously cannot), please tell me (here or by pm).

Narkissos Might be worth posting a new thread as I've got no doubt folks will get the wrong end of the stick and think this is about CofC rather than "Signs of the Last Days"CO Jonsson & W. Herbst

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Thank you all for your very helpful replies (including pms !). I'm glad to read from you again too !

I guess we have got what we need to settle the issue as far as the authors are concerned, however the question of possible publisher rights remains somewhat obscure to me (so far): D. Dykstra apparently claims (and obtained in 2015) copyright ownership on Ray's works, not on other Commentary Press publications... (in France we would distinguish between author's and publisher's rights, I have no clue how it works in the U.S. -- not to mention what were the initial contracts, and if the potential rights were transferred to any successor of Commentary Press as the publisher)...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit