A Non J-Dub paying a visit to KingDumb Hall!

by J-DUBBED 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh, and here is the formula to use in case you want to "blend in" to the congregation and amongst witnesses!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/284629/1/What-makes-a-good-Jehovahs-Witness

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Use your own magic powers.....

Just ask "how do you know that, please show me the original source for that statement/information."

It's like kryptonite in a KH....

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Tell them your son from another city is studying (not converted) and has been insisting you make a visit to the Kingdom Hall. Tell them you are curious because it has really helped him straighten out his life.

The thing is I was thinking of showing up to the KingDumb Hall that he goes to......Don't know if that's advisable??

I just don't know of all the scriptures/quotes to throw at him to think about. So unsure what to do so don't make matters worse. However I don't know if they can get worse.....We really have nothing to do with him now for four years.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I would suggest that you try to mend your relationship before you start questioning jw doctrine. You need to try to get access to his genuine personality, not his cult personality. Fix your relationship now, and when he inevitably tries to recruit you, go slow and try to make your interest seem genuine and just ask lots of questions. Don't make it obvious that you've done a lot of research to find scriptures that go contrary to jw doctrine - just adj questions when the inconsistencies present themselves. For example, they love to rag on the Pharisees and their many rules for everyday minutiae, but they themselves make lots of unscriptural rules for everyday things. Facial hair being forbidden is a good example.

Be prepared for a slow process - if you rush it, you'll do more harm than good.

• nibbled
    nibbled

What if the entire Niblick family decided to be clowns all on the same day and decided to "go to the meeting" to support their Angie Baby?!

I'd go to see that!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'd advise going to a different Hall just to avoid making your son uncomfortable. I mean, if you're curious what the JW experience is like (mostly boring), then any Hall will do. JWs pride themselves on uniformity. There won't be anything specifically better about going to the Hall your son is at. Just make sure you bring a Bible for looking up scriptures, or someone may try to share theirs with you the entire time, if you're sitting next to a Witness. Also, be prepared to stand awkwardly through three songs that you won't have a songbook for, unless you show up enough time in advance that you can ask to borrow a songbook from the literature counter.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Please, do not fall for their 'love bombing'.

That's an important thing to be aware of.... I wish I knew about it sooner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit