A Non J-Dub paying a visit to KingDumb Hall!

by J-DUBBED 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness My Fury
  • oppostate
    oppostate

No electromagnetic rays but an aluminum/tin foil pointy hat would definitely keep back a lot of unwanted attention, errh somewhat.

It's the love-bombing that hooks new folks. The love that quickly disappears from most JW's once the newbie is baptized.

https://paulboylan.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/aluminum-foil-hat.jpg

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Tell them your son from another city is studying (not converted) and has been insisting you make a visit to the Kingdom Hall. Tell them you are curious because it has really helped him straighten out his life.

Be careful what other city you say, because JWs know other JWs everywhere. A big city with many congregations would be easier to keep it vague.

Doc

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I'm a non and never have been a jw observer. 😄 No need to tell them any more than you need to but THEY WILL ASK. My recommendation is to say that you are looking for a new "church"* and decided to be open and consider ALL denominations. That's it. End of story.

i don't know how often you've attended church if at all. In mainstream churches, depending on congregation size, visitors are so commonplace there's no more greeting towards them than the regular adherents. In my experience in KHs, there are NO VISITORS. It's the oddest thing to me. All that walking around passing out literature and nobody is motivated to see what the fuss is about. SO, you will be such an anomaly that people WILL notice your existence.

When you go, prepare to be insulted and know that you will have to forgive them... Several times.

*Stay in your own terminology.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

It's the love-bombing that hooks new folks. The love that quickly disappears from most JW's once the newbie is baptized.

The only non-born-in that I've seen baptized in a decade was remarkably love-bombed.

I remember all of the old pioneer tricks, have your Bible Student over for meals so you count easy time.

Once dunked, she was abandoned like nuclear waste.

She always looked lost, lonely, and puzzled at the meetings. "Where did the love go?"

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Once dunked, she was abandoned like nuclear waste.

OUCH! That made me laugh... :)

Actually, it feels kinda creepy to have people ask "where were you last Sunday, we missed you!"...

"uh... you just met me once two weeks ago in a 30 second exchange. I didn't really feel that we had THAT kind of connection. Did you?"

When and if you go, please pay attention to the spirits eminating from the children. All ages. That's what told the truth for me.

• never a jw
    never a jw

As a non JW who dislikes the leadership of this religion with a vengeance, I wish I could be in your position so I can ask for a Bible study and have lots of fun asking them hundreds (I meant hundreds) of tough questions regarding their leaders and their doctrines of the past and the present. I can't do that anymore because I am a well know friend of the "apostates".

If you are not depressed, not socially needy or awkward, not a 12 year old or younger, not completely ignorant of the world around you, don't have an IQ less than 90, have a low level of education, then your chances of beeing sucked in are very tiny. I don't know much about your son. Something was certainly missing when he was fooled by this religion. You would know better.

Take a Bible study and have fun. Just be cautious not to let your teacher know that you know too much. Pretend, as they do.

Regarding getting your son out. Come to this blog often. You will learn about the religion more and more. The insight you get will improve your chances to get your son out.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

My priority question would be, "Your religion teaches that a person's own death wipes out their sins, so why did Jesus have to die? (Romans 6:7)

Every Witness I've ever mentioned this to just gets a glazed look in their eyes and tries to dismiss it by saying "the wages of sin is death, so they've paid the price".

By saying that, they confirm both their blind ignorance that the verse is speaking of a figurative death, (see v. 2,4,6,8,10,11) and that they are dismissing out of hand the need for Christ's ransom sacrifice!

That's how blind Witnesses are, but most non-Witnesses aren't clued up on many of the teachings, so they can't highlight the falsehoods to the sheeple!

All the best - just wear a love-bombing deflector suit!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Some good "deer in the headlight" questions

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ask if they can explain the cruel actions that a so-called loving god outlined and carried out throughout the Hebrew Scriptures.(old testament)

Ask if it would be ok if you or members of the cong carried out the same things today in gods name...

Then ask "but I thought you taught that god never changes?"

watch the YouTube channel "messed up bible stories" for more info!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit