A Non J-Dub paying a visit to KingDumb Hall!

by J-DUBBED 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

I was thinking of doing a pop-in visit when they're doing their thing(what ever that might be). To just see what it is that lures and hooks people, like our son. I was worried there is some sort of subliminal messages in audio or video that start to brain-wash a person. The wife and I are worried we may be sucked into the same Vortex....................

• Simon
    Simon

I think you'll survive :)

They don't have any special rays so if you are aware of how they act you'll be immune to their recruitment methods.

• clarity
    clarity

Just be alert to the LOVE bombing that you

will probably receive ....that's how it starts.

The repetative rituals & "lessons" that are

spewed out in the 4 meetings every week is

how they systematically programn your mind.

If you are aware of this ....you should be fine.

Good luck

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Oh so sorry, I neglected to say hello and welcome

to JWN.......hope you let us know what happens.

Many of us have lost children to this cult, so we

understand your concern!

clarity

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

If you want to stir the pot a bit, while being love-bombed, ask the question: 'We have heard it said that Jehovah will annihilate billions of innocent non-Witness people worldwide at Armageddon. Can that possibly be correct???'. Then watch them try to squirm out of giving you a simple yes or no answer. Or they will change the subject altogether. This will tell you all you need to know about the Witnesses.

• alanv
    alanv

Navytown. Yes good question. They nearly always try to sidestep that question and say how Jehovah is to bring back to life all the billions that have died over the milleniums. But if a person sticks to their guns about who will die at Armaggeddon, they have no sensible answer.

• Listener
    Listener

Hi J Dubbed and welcome.

If you ask the question that Navytown suggests they may eventually get around to the comment that 'It is God who judges what is in a person's heart so we cannot say", then you could make the comment that 'it isn't necessary to become a JW then?'

• dozy
    dozy

I wouldn't worry too much. Go along just once - there isn't any sophisticated mind games there and it might help you better understand the religion & what your son is doing.

Most non-JWs find the experience of a attending a meeting very much a non-event - boring really. The stats don't lie - 18 million attend the Memorial every year but only 8 million go to the meetings. I recently attended a JW funeral at the Kingdom Hall with a few non JW friends and they all said that if anything , the experience had made them even less likely to take an interest in JWs.

Maybe ask them one question "Are you allowed to google "Jehovah's witnesses"? Why not? If it is the truth , what are you worried about." Or maybe "Why are JWs allowed to take blood fractions from other people but not allowed to donate them themselves for others to use or even donate their own blood to be fractionated and retransfused into their own bodies. Is that fair? " It should start an interesting conversation. Look for the "Rabbits in the Headlights" reaction! And don't let them get away with the classic response "Can we call next week & discuss these questions with you".

The "love bombing" can have an effect , if the congregation is welcoming ( it varies very much from congregation to congregation - some are really nice people , others are pretty miserable. ) Like similar groups , the lonely , disaffected and those going through some kind of crisis are targeted. Just remember that the interest & kindness shown in you is purely conditional on you becoming & then remaining a JW. Non JWs are regarded as "worldy people" not to be associated with unless absolutely necessary. And as many in this forum ( including myself ) will testify , as soon as you leave , your new "friends" will drop you like the proverbial lead balloon.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was worried there is some sort of subliminal messages in audio or video that start to brain-wash a person.

They're not that hi tech.

The thought reform comes from the logical fallacies and techniques in their written publications.

Prepare to experience 'love bombing' as the first step.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Dont drink the Kool-Aid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit