How Do You Answer Someone Who Says JWs Are Not False Prophets?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In other words, they all have to be wrong as a group in order to be right with Jehovah.

Well put Shirley

...... and how did Franz unify the people to be faithful to the Watchtower organization ?

He made coercive lies and misinformation utilizing the organization's publishing company.

He was the one who reused the 6000 year dating calculation of mankind's existence to create 1975,

a calculation that was used before by C T Russell some 70 years previously.

I wouldn't doubt that he got the idea to do so by looking back at the old literature published by

Russell, which the organization had stored away.

How's that for an indulgent false prophet backed by someone running their own publishing house ?

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

[Off topic]

Shirley: I wonder if any JW's have secret JW.ORG tattoos!?

This is as close as I could get...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Excellent thread, minimus.

This is the take-home point: none of the Society's prophecies has happened. Not one.

Christ's invisible presence since 1914 I'll leave for now - I'm feeling generous. Strictly speaking, it can't be proved one way or the other.

• minimus
    minimus

You must have eyes of understanding to comprehend these matters.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Christ's invisible presence since 1914 I'll leave for now - I'm feeling generous. Strictly speaking, it can't be proved one way or the other.

The Adventists used the same ploy when their 1844 prophecy, Re: Christ would return in the flesh in that year, and it didn't pan out. They then came up with the explanation: He DID return- it just happened invisibly.

Such is the case with "invisible" events...no way to prove it. Works great for quack religions seeking gullible slaves.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Newly acquired JWS recruits most likely don't even know about the WTS's. false doctrines of the past including 1975.

They've been drawn in by the newer updated recent acts of coercion by the WTS.

The old ones probably do remember but they've conveniently placed those memories away to justify and support their beliefs they held onto for so long.

They still see the unification of those old doctrines as something of value, perhaps to their cultivation of power and control over people.

When you've been indoctrinated to uphold a position that your religious beliefs and religious practices are pure and above others, inherently expressed

in direct appeasement to the Almighty god, you tend to support that notion irregardless of the appearance of a fracturing crack.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Basically the core corruption of the WTS. rests in the profession that Christ returned and he looked for people who were closer toward the true

interpretation of the Gospel he set out when he was on earth or was preaching the Gospel as he instructed.

The WTS. said it was them and no one else in spite of the already established false interpretations or false ideological concept of Pyramidology.

Everything the WTS. said about themselves was directly in support of attracting people to the literature the WTS. published.

The people the organization did draw in were closely watched for their unbinding dedication and were duly exploited

in the distribution and the printing of the literature.

The ones that were drawn in were continuously baited by a possible reward of not being killed at the soon to come Armageddon

as well rewarded of living on in a earthly paradise. Pretty much the same appealing tactic of drawing in converts still exists

and is utilized by the WTS. leaders today, irregardless of nothing happening as to what they said was gong to happen in the last

100+ years.

The WTS has always hid its inherent corruption by presenting something of appealing religious virtue toward alluring its

faithful adherents, a perverse commercialized version of the Gospel as it were, which unfortunately some people couldn't see

clearly for what it really is.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“minimus”: “That Christ became King in 1914.”

Actually, the famous book The Gentile Times Reconsidered, by Carl Olof Jonsson, completely, thoroughly, and absolutely destroys the WTS’ 607 BCE / 1914 CE crap! I know; I’ve read it. It’s very definitive.

“tim hooper”: “The March 1970 KM reported on how well publishers were doing in dropping unproductive bible students so that others could "benefit" from receiving a Bible study in the short time remaining.”

And, of course, what little blue book did the WTS produce en masse throughout the 1970s apparently to facilitate that “six-month home Bible-study program”? You guessed it: The Truth that Leads to Everlasting Life (originally published in 1968). But the interesting thing about that book – as well as all the other books all along – is that it has been outdated/superseded by a whole dazzling techno laser beam show of “new light.” That’s right – all those countless tons and tons of books produced (and trees wasted) are effectively nothing more than cheap kindling for your fireplace! Now, if that doesn’t say “false prophets,” then I don’t know what does.

“The Searcher”: “Christians are witnesses for God? Not in my Bible!!”

Well, what about the scripture which says that all true Christians are to be witnesses of Jehovah in association with his spirit-directed organization? What about that? It’s found at . . . umm, . . . well, it’s at . . . ummmm, . . . . . . . . okay, that particular scripture is at . . . it’s in the book of . . . well, its at . . . . . . . . oh, damn it, I can’t find it anywhere in the Bible at all! Okay, I guess it’s not in there. [big surprise!]

“pcop”: “Remove the "emotional" element from it all and recognize that "the truth" is not human and it is not of human origin. The truth is not within any religious organization on earth because neither God or Christ established any religion on earth. Men did this on their own accord.”

And the trophy goes to: “pcop”! That is the most logical thing I’ve heard this week, for sure. Thumbs up!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

in the book Insight on the Scriptures 1988 Watchtower bible and tract society on page 696 under the heading prophet and subheading distinguishing the true form the false.

page 696 it says

The three essentials for establishing the credentials of a true prophet, as given through Moses were. The true prophet would speak in Jehovah's name; the things foretold would come to pass (De 18:20-22): and his prophesying must promote true worship,being in harmony with God's revealed word and commandments (De 13;1-4)

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

regarding Ezekiel 24:24 i have copied and pasted from another thread ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/37948/1/How-JWs-are-to-deal-with-being-called-False-Proph ) rather than type out from the book. (I trust it is correct and hope they don't mind)

"The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah" Book (1971 Edition), Pages 56-59:

"Ezekiel was not raising himself up as a prophet and presuming to speak in the divine name. He was really a prophet sent by the Most High God...Not alone were the inspired words of Ezekiel prophetic, but he himself was a prophetic figure in his action, as is later shown on occasions. (Ezekiel 24:24) Since Ezekiel himself was a 'portent,' or 'sign' (AV), of someone to come, and since he was not a type or prophetic figure of Jesus Christ, whom did the prophet Ezekiel typify in carrying out his divine commission?"

"Here, then, since 1914, and particularly since the year 1919, after World War I had ended, we should look for the modern-day counterpart of the prophet Ezekiel. Who is Ezekiel's present-day counterpart, whose message and conduct correspond with that of that ancient prophet of Jehovah? Of whom today was he a 'sign' or 'portent'? Not of some individual man, but of a group of people. Being made up of a unified company of persons, the modern Ezekiel is a composite personage, made up of many members, just the same as the human body is."

"So it is with the modern-day counterpart of Ezekiel: it is, not one person's body, but a composite body, made up of many members. All the members were together to do the will of Jehovah, who is the Creator of this modern 'Ezekiel.' Who, then, are the group of persons who, toward the beginning of this 'time of the end,' were commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah? In order to determine this, check the history of 1919, the first postwar year after the first world war."

Page 62:

"They were a small minority group of men and women who had dedicated themselves to Jehovah as God by following in the footsteps of his Son Jesus Christ. To give public evidence of this dedication to Jehovah, they had undergone water baptism just as their Leader Jesus Christ had done when he was immersed in the Jordan river by John the Baptist."

Pages 70-71:

"At the time, they might not view or appreciate him as a prophet of Jehovah. But whether they heard him as such or refrained from hearing and paying attention to him, the occasion was to come when these rebellious people would 'know also that a prophet himself happened to be in the midst of them.' Jehovah would confirm him as a prophet before them by causing what Ezekiel prophesied to come true...Likewise it was a trying mission upon which the modern Ezekiel class was sent, to religious people of the same type as those in Ezekiel's day.

But regardless of how Christendom views or regards this group of anointed witnesses of Jehovah, the time must come, and that shortly, when those making up Christendom will know that really a 'prophet' of Jehovah was among them...Since the year 1919 C.E. the anointed remnant of Jehovah's witnesses have found it to be just like that as they have spoken fearlessly the word of Jehovah in the midst of Christendom."

sometimes i have heard some say they never claimed to be a prophet.

On page 61. it asks the question that seems to me to fit with the first one mentioned in the 'Insight book' that I quoted from in post 1518

'The three essentials for establishing the credentials of a true prophet, as given through Moses were. The true prophet would speak in Jehovah's name'

Whom could the real "chariot" of Jehovah's organization roll up to and confront that He might bestow wpon this qualified one the commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah?

The answer i believe is given in the quote from page 62 that i gave from an earlier thread and this further quote from page 62

They were very active in preaching the good news of God's Kingdom because their Leader Jesus Christ had set this preaching before them as their work in his prophecy at Matthew 24:14.

My wife noted in her book that this was the 'remnant since 1918'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit