How Do You Answer Someone Who Says JWs Are Not False Prophets?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

it used to bother me that people would say that about my well meaning religion. How do you prove that Witnesses are indeed, false prophets?

• Simon
    Simon

The onus is on them to prove that they are *not* false prophets which should be easy if they really have the genuine mojo:

"Give us one conclusive clear prophecy that has been correct"

Failure = proof (enough) that they are false. As certain as can be possible when trying to prove a negative.

e.g. Prove I'm not god.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

i just say "Yes ! They are !"

• minimus
    minimus

That Christ became King in 1914.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I prefer the term "failed predictions".

I find it tends to circumvent any bullshit "we-never-claimed-to-be-prophets"-type deflections, 'cause a prediction is a prediction whether you label it as a "prophecy" or not...

....and a history of failed predictions is, IMO, just as condemnatory and embarrassing as a history of "false prophecies".

• minimus
    minimus

They themselves have referred to themselves as true prophets as opposed to false ones, like Christendom.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

People believe what they want. Confirmation bias and all that jazz.

Ask them to name the things that the WBT$ said would happen....see if they bite......then show how it is all a load of cobblers.

It's no good mentioning 1975 as they're all immune to it or never lived through it.

My favourite.........

Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12
    "He was laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century."
    (The 1989 Watchtower used the term "in our 20th century" in the magazine, but this was changed to "in our day" for the bound volume and subsequent CD library.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think i would talk to them about Ezekiel 24:24

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Minimus ... how long you been here?

What's even the point?

Non-JW's couldn't give a rat's rump ... JW's won't listen.

... but I'm with Phizzy "Yes they are!"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Wannabefree; I think its very relevant pointing to the fact they are false prophets weather it be through the scripture in Duet 18, 20-22, to asking them to point one single prophecy that they predicted did come true, you may wake them up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit