just wanted to introduce myself

by TheMark 51 Replies latest jw friends

• TheMark
    TheMark

I'll try to have fun. I really want to avoid the controversial threads though. I'm still learning to "lighten up" and not take things too seriously. Some subjects really get me going..lol

• flipper
    flipper

Nice to have you here TheMark. You are among like people who have escaped the mind control of the WT Society. I've been out over 11 years now - and I swear JW's are getting crazier every year. Welcome to freedom of mind and expression here ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TheMark - "I really want to avoid the controversial threads though."

Probably for the best.

When you gaze long into a controversial thread, the controversial thread also gazes into you.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Welcome....I would agree. Keep things light. No need for controversy. I have been impressed by the fact that so many here left the ORG because of its fallacy ridden theology only to promote fallacy ridden theology on this board. Truth is, if a poster is not here to encourage, enlighten, or enliven the group, they should probably go back to the BORG.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

SOP, isn't the term "fallacy-ridden theology" kind of redundant?

• TheMark
    TheMark

Like I previously mentioned no one has knowledge of the truth so everyone has a "fallacy-ridden theology" lurking somewhere in their mind. That's OK, as long as you don't try to impose your ideas on others. I find there are much smarter people than myself, evident by many on this forum.

I remember going over to H2O and although I had been disfellowshipped for years I was still in the JW mindset. Man did I make a fool of myself..lol.

And now look at me, I'm almost an atheist..

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome TheMark

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TheMark - "Man did I make a fool of myself..."

It ain't so bad, once you get used to it...

• TheMark
    TheMark

and you hope people will forget..lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit