just wanted to introduce myself

by TheMark 51 Replies latest jw friends

• TheMark
    TheMark

Thanks again for the welcomes everyone.

Communication is really not my forte, I really struggle to put my thoughts into written words, so trying to reply to everyone would be a tremendous undertaking..lol.

But let's just say that, when I was young and crazy.. .. I've made many mistakes, couldn't stay put for any period of time, so the separation that occured with my family probably would have happened anyway regardless of the fact that I had been a JW or not. I had an independant spirit..lol and I just started travelling. Since all my familly are JWs, I respected their decision and just stayed away. My family never had strong ties to start with so it never bothered any of us that I wasn't around. So it didn't affect me when they decided to disfellowship me. Actually I left, and not the other way around. I just couldn't live the lifestyle. There's only one person from my family that I'm in contact with on a regular basis. Nice to know that not everyone follows the rules to the letter.

I ended up in California because I can't stand the cold. I prefer cooking in 110 degree F, that freezing at sub zero temperatures. Even California is cold in the winter. Those little tropical islands are starting to look really nice..lol. Hell won't be such a bad place afterall..lol.

When I look up at the stars, I do miss the dream though, but reality quickly brings me back down to earth. Who are we really? I don't think my questions will ever be answered. Oh well..

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Welcome...

I prefer cooking in 110 degree F

Sounds like Redding

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome TheMark , from australia , I was "in" for 30 years now out for 20 years , and love this site , finding it some years ago .A tremendous help.

smiddy

• TheMark
    TheMark

I do enjoy the site also, very informative in many respects.

Richard, notice I said prefer and not enjoy. Extremes are extremes, heat is better for me though.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome TheMark ! Good to have you aboard this crazy Ship Sir !

In your O.P you asked, about J.W's, "Don't they ever read ?". The sad answer to that is , no, most of them do not. Those that do, if they ever come across a contrary view to the ones that have been hammered in to their brain, will dismiss that information out of hand as being wrong in some way.

Hence they never get to learn many truths, and they certainly never expose their beliefs to any kind of scrutiny.

Despite the claims their religion has made for them about their "knowledge", they are amongst the most ignorant on this Planet.

In this day of abundant free information/knowledge to be wilfully ignorant is a sin.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Well Mark my word, it's good to have you!

Dwain

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome!

There's so much information out there. Don't these people read?

Anything published outside of Botchtower is 'worldly' and demonized by the Borg unless it supports their agenda. If material contradicts the Borg, JWs despise it.

My father came to my house a few years ago (before he went into a nursing home). I had a copy of "Urban Farm" magazine on my table. He picked it up and looked at it with extreme suspicion. The Borg makes people fearful and paranoid.

Urban Farm Magazine

Yeah... can't you just feel the evil emanating from this?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

themark - "Communication is really not my forte, I really struggle to put my thoughts into written words..."

Joke, right?

BTW, glad you're no longer their "mark".

• TheMark
    TheMark

I was in late 70's early 80's, it seemed that back then there was a certain level of discussion allowed. Nowadays its seems like if you say anything other than "Oh..aren't we lucky to be so well fed" or "wasn't that study/talk just so uplifting"..lol, you're an apostate. Drives me nuts.

Well you know, if you want to grow food, all you have to do is search the Awake..it's supposed to be in there, somewhere. After all, you do get a PhD after six years of reading that stuff..

pretty frustrating

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Welcome Mark, wishing you fun on the forum from sunny Spain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit