New requirement to become an Elder or Ministerial Servant!

by hardtobeme 40 Replies latest jw friends

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

It has been a few months since I hear this from an elder. He said that the C/O told them this new requirement.

"MEN THAT WANNA BE AN ELDER OR MINISTERIAL SERVANT HAS TO GO OUT TO FIELD SERVICE ON SUNDAYS. IF THERE IS AN ELDER OR MINISTERIAL SERVANT THAT IS NOT GOING OUT TO FIELD SERVICE ON SUNDAY CAN LOSE THE PRIVILEDGE".

Organized book doesn't say anything of this. All it says is that the publisher has to be regular in service.

Is this a new "oral" requirement? Or is it in a secret manual?

Elders or anyone that has any knowledge about this please let me know!!!

Thanks!

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Sounds like an overreaching elder or elder body.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

I mean seriously, the elders are never out in service until the end of the month. If this became policy there would be no more servant bodies.

• hoser
    hoser

They have a hard enough time getting men to do this job you would think they would be relaxing the standards.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

They really don't understand cause and effect, now do they?

Make it harder and you'll have fewer servants.

• blondie
    blondie

Every Sunday?

All you have to do is meet with group if any and then take a cohort with you to do rvs and a bible study together....then just go out for lunch outside the territory and then go home.

Some congregations rotate the elders and MS to do the group service meeting, arrange car groups, and then leave.

Do the current elders and MS have to go out every Sunday, do they, have they been?

I would say "when I see the elders and the MS doing so I might consider it" or "actions speak louder than words"

My husband used to take the group on either on Sunday morning or Sunday after the meeting, and no one met at that time. Not even the CO goes out after the meeting on the Sunday of his visit.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

You forgot: No tight pants or colored socks and no "Spanx" on their wives when jogging.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• label licker
    label licker

It's not new. Three years ago they were doing this. So the elder would put the groups together and then off to lunch.

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

I was in an elders and servants meeting with the CO a couple of years back when the CO laid this out as a requirement but didn't stipulate any consequences for not following it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sounds like a typical "well edumacated" eldah's comment...complete with a refined grasp on the best way to speak and articulate things?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit