Scientists Should Not Dismiss Genesis So Quickly

by Chris Tann 112 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

Anybody who thinks our planet is special has no concept of the universe.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

NASA Discovery Proves The Bible Scientifically Accurate

Is a very false misleading claim in that atrophics has shown that the time scale of the universe development is much much

older that what the bible says about the time development of the universe...... one day, one thousand years or ten thousand years.

Why doesn't the bible tell about the fact that the earth at one time was nothing but a huge ice ball ?

Why doesn't the bible explain the disappearance of the majority of the animals that once lived on this planet gone or completely extinct ?

Why doesn't the bible explain the many huge asteroids that once hit the earth annihilating all living species ?

Call that intelligent design. ???

One has to be aware of religionists who are selling books or other paraphernalia, they usually aren't well educated and

they are looking for money and the gullibly ignorant who they might sell their wares too. $$$

Remind you of somebody ?

• QC
    QC

Hi Chris,

Nice presentation.

Yip, seeing the universe and Earth from the perspective of their coming together from "beginning" (Gn 1:1-2) till now is truly a marvel, obviously spectacular splendor by God.

Your effort is not in vain. Everyone on this forum will awaken in their own time.

There’s a running companion thread annihilation of Darwinism here.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Everyone on this forum will awaken in their own time.

Yes. I have.

• cofty
    cofty

That's not a thread QC it's just a depository for your pseudoscientific cut-and-paste.

You paste bullshit - people ask you intelligent questions about your superstitions - you ignore them and paste more bullshit and so on ad nauseum

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

It's pretty easy to understand why believers are so desperate to prove that the Genesis account must be accurate. Without Genesis being correct, there's no need for a savior and hence, no Jesus required.

• prologos
    prologos

The pictures of the universe have been hyjacked by religions since the beginning. Now,

with better and better pictures religious claims can attempt to be more convincing. but

comparing their holy books to what really happened shows that while nature/creation is great, religious book's claims are not, and are gettingless convincing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I suppose religionists who write and publish books get a personal Redeemer and some cash as well. $$$

• Chris Tann
    Chris Tann

Wow!!! I guess this web site is predominantly of atheist members. Only one believer in God responded. The funny thing is ,he or she was respectful, everyone else mean spirited. I understand that this argument can foster intense emotions,and I welcome knowledge unknown to me that condradicts my beliefs. However, why can't these be posted in a way that shows respect for the other person and their beliefs? Okay, you are absolutley correct, evolution is true and Genesis is a myth. There is no way in a million years that evolution can be proven untrue. But resorting to insults and the sort wont convince me, it just pushes me away.

I would like someone to take one subject at a time regarding why they believe Genesis is inaccurate, and I will see if I can resonably adress it. Thank you all.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

In Genesis God created the earth light and the plants and animals before he created the sun, oops.. The creation story aligns closely with the Babylonian creation myth in Emu Elish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit