A few verbatim quotes from Anthony Morris' talk during the Branch Visit.

by Open mind 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

"If you haven't, my next question is, but have you been able to find a way to get a trip to a well-known amusement park?" (Long pause) "Explain that to God."

Ok. "Hey jehoopla, I spend 4 hours at meetings every week, hours in field service, hours getting ready and traveling to those things, cleaning the Hall, going to assemblies, personal and family study, sacrificing fun and normalcy in every single aspect of my and my family's life, and have laid down on the altar ready to die for the blood myth. I'm going to Six Flags. K?"

Why is it so important to visit Bethel? Going there is such a nail-in-the-coffin experience for a jw who doesn't like brainwashing or communes.

..what it is is this Spanx, this skin-tight stuff they wear. Now, are you sisters wearing this in the ministry? No. I can't say that I've ever seen that. But when they exercise, they leave their home and they're jogging in this stuff?

Are you kidding?! He doesn't know they're undergarments? He doesn't know women wore girdles for decades? I think we should do a mass letter campaign to answer his question, "...are you sisters wearing this in the ministry?" Ladies, he wants to know what type of underwear we're wearing while selling his message. I think we should write him to let him know how uncomfortable and sweaty we are and ask if Jehovah would mind if we wore cotton Hanes instead, although our love handles will show. "Brother, if Jehovah hates Spanx, why did he give me cottage cheese thighs?"

If he's talking about exercise wear, um, what are they supposed to wear when jogging? Prarie skirts? I have a fundie employee right now who only owns past-the-knee full skirts, no jeans, etc. I asked her what she wears when cleaning or gardening. Skirts.

tight all the way down to the ankles. And, that is not modest brothers.

omg. Yes. It's so inappropriate for us to see the outline of your calves and ankles.We may get turned on.

• millie210
    millie210

Question.

Were there ANY scriptures used to back up the

colored socks

tight pants

spanx

if your kids leave - its your fault?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

millie210 - "Were there ANY scriptures used to back up the colored socks/tight pants/spanx/if your kids leave - its your fault?

Nope.

Hell, I don't think he even referenced past WT articles.

• millie210
    millie210

Thanks Vidiot, thats what I thought.

Especially in view of the fact that there arent any scriptures that address that anyhow.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's all just his own personal views which really need airing. In this way the leadership of the JWs will expose themselves as the charlatans and bigots they really are. They are re-branding and the GB are seeking celebrity status.....coz they love you...meh!

Many JWs won't even get to hear this vitriol and will happily bumble along swallowing every turd they're fed.

At least this way the GB will be putting a few off and making them leave the filthy cult.

Bring it on Tight pants tony and your cronies........please please please keep up with the stupid speeches...the world (of JWs at least), needs to know who the leaders REALLY are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit