A few verbatim quotes from Anthony Morris' talk during the Branch Visit.

by Open mind 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

Thank you for taking one for the team OpenMind.

Socks, spanx and tight pants....this is what the future leader of the world has on his mind....

um, ok......

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, next time put some real pictures out there...real women....thanx

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Real women? Shame on you Min. Who wipes your computer screen clean?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Open Mind: He said that sock color was a matter of taste, and that he thought some of these young brothers with brightly colored socks were demonstrating poor taste

So Tony is now a Fashionista.

My question is this: Why oh why Tony, when you have the rapt attention of a captive audience of about a million people, why would ever you think that talking about the color of someone's socks is an important spiritual subject to discuss? What were you thinking?

Why not talk about, I dunno, Christian qualities like: Love, forgiveness, humility, NOT BEING JUDGMENTAL!

• “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things. Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel! ... on the outside you appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. - Matthew 23:23, 24, and 28

Let's review: It's a cult!

-

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

" And this is a fact, the homosexuals that are designing these clothes, they like you in tight pants."

#1 most stupid comment of the event! The idea that an entire industry could be motivated by something so sopohmoric shows that these guys don't live in the real world. Designers of men's fashion--male, female, gay, or straight--do what they do, 1.) To exercise their creative talents, 2.) To become famous and popular, and 3.) To remove a good deal of money from your wallet. Certainly not to get some homoerotic thrill from seeing you in one of their skimpy creations. If Morris' statement was true, how about the gay male designers who design scanty and revealing dresses for women? What is the rationale for that, since I guess they aren't particularly interested in seeing them semi nude?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

And you know what - I never took my kids to one of those "amusement" parks.

Think about it.

At most of these parks, they have people dressed up as these cartoon characters.

Imagine!

Using cartoon characters to seduce children into carrying out unnatural behaviour.

My wife and I could never support such a hideous, overt, abuse of young minds.

Furthermore, do you think that my wife and I would have ever embarassed our children by wearing coloured socks?

Not a chance.

Even at the beach, my wife, my boys, and I, conscientiously would only wear modest black socks with our thongs.

Now, I see a few of you smiling at that - but it's true. Modesty is truly a value to our all-seeing God.

Now, another aspect of dress and grooming that Satan increasingly is using is tight suits and tight pants, otherwise known as "tight pants." (Chuckles)

Well. I have talked to many, many sisters, and I have asked them what they think of these "tight pants."

And, you know what, I have not yet found one sister that likes my these tight pants.

Furthermore, most of you sisters know what you want in a real man, and a number of you may even one day want to have your own little family after you have pioneered for a sufficient amount of time.

Well, most sisters know what tight pants will do to a man regarding his ability in that area.

Is that what any of you really want, whether you are a True Christian sister or brother?

Now, it is an established fact that the fashion industry is a tool of Satan the Devil, and that that wily Devil is using the homosexuals to design these tight pants.

Why is that?

As a stimulus for sexual activity condemned by our loving heavenly Father.

Now imagine if a married couple has been stimulated by the Devil-inspired, homosexual, fashion industry, and their tight pants.

And then, what happens to that couple?

We don't even want to think about what that couple might end up doing.

However, do you think that our all-seeing God is not watching that couple, even in the seclusion of their bedroom?

Not for a minute.

That couple will need to answer to God.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Berry - Even at the beach, my wife, my boys, and I, conscientiously would only wear modest black socks with our thongs.

That conjours up a whole different picture for we Brits! Mmmmmmm thongs!

• stillin
    stillin

Did it seem to anybody else that Bro Morris was straying from his outline a little? I got the feeling that his self-worshipping attitude allows him to say whatever he feels like saying and the crowds will suck it all up. But some of these statements are clearly hurtful and arrogant. I wonder whether he was called into the back room for that. They would have called me in if I had given that talk!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

stillin - I wonder whether he was called into the back room for that.

Who's going to call him in? Nah, the whole GB are totally out of touch with reality. I hope this will wake up JWs who hear this puke from their leaders.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

No matter how slick looking JW.ORG or this new TV is, it isn't going to get new converts. Why? Becuase the message hasn't changed. The pig is still a pig, and you can't put lipstick on a pig and expect to call it a starlet.

The "not marry a brother unless he's an MS by 23" comment has to be due to the fact that there are not men reaching out to advance in the congregations. It's as much of an admonishment to women, as it is a carrot to men. You want to married (i.e. get laid), then you better be pursuing Kingdom interests first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit