My Breaking Point -- 11/9/14

by game1914over 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome game1014over! Well done!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wow, you've been lurking for FOUR YEARS!!!

game1914over: No one has ever been able to answer my question: "Why Was Satan EVER created?"

I can answer that!

Satan was "created" because "God" needs a bogeyman. There's gotta' be a bad guy. No bad guy, no conflict. No conflict, no drama.

Plus, when you're a priest trying to scam the villagers, you need two kinds a threats:

1. Satan (the bad guy) is always trying to tempt you to do bad;
    2. God loves you, but if yoiu screw up and "do bad" he's gonna' have to kill you.

None of it is real of course. It's just all about control.

Let's review: It's a cult!

-

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

AlphaMan: I reached my breaking point Oct. 1995. Resigned from being an elder, and within a month walked away from this fraudulent "truth" never to return.

Is the initial of one of your names "M"?

If so, PM me.

Don't worry, this is my 4460th post on JWN!

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Good to hear game1914over This is great video on the whole 1914 debacle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jeSPKydgIzU

• game1914over
    game1914over

@Finkelstein: Mythology it is LOL

@Simon: You're dead on about that. But I was going to address a few doctrine issues (1914, virgin/bridegroom parable, 2014 generation change etc.) in the letter to make them just think hard a little bit. :o)

@AlphaMan: I was a little girl when the 1995 generation Watchtower came out. If only I had a clue then!!!

@LisaRose: Hey! The real issues are not being addressed because this organization is a fraud and the GB men are very power hungry. This is exactly the way a cult operates!

@Oubliette: You don't know how much I've enjoyed your posts during my lurking days! Haha!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Do you have an exit strategy?

It's game over for me, too. But, my exit strategy is failing miserably. My wife told me a little while ago that I look awful. This is the look of a person in extreme mental anguish. Exhausted and angry with no way to express it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

game1914over: You don't know how much I've enjoyed your posts during my lurking days! Haha!

You're welcome. Glad to be of service.

Now if I could just get my own two kids that are still stuck in this cult to read my posts .... !

BTW, you have a PM.

• game1914over
    game1914over

@leaving_quietly: Would you believe that this was the look of a majority of friends (older ones) at the Branch Meeting last night? Immediately after they said "Amen", it was like loose livestock running away -- the friends were almost knocking each other down trying to get to their cars. I'm very observant. Looking at their faces shows that they feel the same way that I do, they are just afraid to "believe" it. Appearances are EVERYTHING!

@Oubliette: Thanks....I'm new and can't access a PM feature yet. Looking forward to it.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

WELCOME game1914over!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome along, and thanks for sharing...keep us updated, wishing you all you wish yourself x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit