My Breaking Point -- 11/9/14

by game1914over 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

game1914over, welcome! I do like your user name... very good choice.

I too am a born in but luckily never baptized.

Instead of degrading people for their choice of clothing, why not degrade these disgusting so-called witnesses that are sexually abusing innocent children? But no, they want to keep these issues secret so that their names and Jehovah's name will be protected. What a field of horse turds.

Excellent observation. I think it's their tactic to distract the R&F away from the awful things and the unfulfilled Armageddon prophecy. I just wanted to point out, though, that your statement "what a field of horse turds" is an insult to horse manure.

Regarding Satan, my conclusions are that Christianity decided to create Satan in order to shift the blame, and therefore, responsibility, of evil away from humans onto a mythological creature. All the gods and demons are a creation of the ancient human imagination in an effort to define the undefinable.

• game1914over
    game1914over

Thanks for your kind comments.

@Heaven: You're dead on! There comes a time when you get tired of so much BS!

Three great keywords you mentioned: unfulfilled armageddon prophecy. The proof is in the pudding! LOL

You know why there is no mention of the generation and 1914 fiasco at the big branch meetings etc? They know this is a big issue that can't be challenged. They're in too deep!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Miraloma Assembly Hall. Yes that's an assembly hall that was built in a piece of land that cost pennies. That project was done after they sold a piece of prime real estate in a very expensive area in Los Angeles (Woodland Hills). Now the brothers and sisters have to travel 70 or more miles --versus 5 to 20 miles before-- to attend their assemblies in a stinky kingdom hall. The Watchtower makes huge profits by selling in the millions and buying in the thousands, while the brothers have to spend a lot more money to get to the stinky hall. And as if that's not enough, they also contaminate the environment a lot more. The cost of the assembly hall is much cheaper, but the cost of the assemblies to brothers and sisters is more expensive. It's a cult, it's a busines.

• game1914over
    game1914over

LOL never a jw!

I went with my dad as a llittle girl when this place was being constructed. They had friends from all around LA County bringing hot cooked meals to serve the RBC brothers and sisters. Very funny! Did you ever know about the old verson of the Norco assembly hall? Me and my friends used to have a field day laughing at the neighboring farm animals. Something about this environment the society likes...I can't understand why?

• SAHS
    SAHS

To “AnnOMaly”: Thank you for your clarification. You’re absolutely right. It was Raymond Franz who was the one commissioned by the GB to take a fresh look at the 607 BCE teaching as part of his compilation of the Aid to Bible Understanding book. Carl Olof Jonsson was simply researching an enquiry he came across from a householder in the field service – and he certainly did quite a fine job of it! When he decided to show his findings to the GB, they weren’t too thrilled with the results of his research – and for good reason, as it completely took out the 1914 card out from the bottom of their little house of cards. My hat is off to Ray and Carl – they were two men with balls of steel and hearts of gold.

To “game1914over”: Great pick for a user name. That name is the real truth – and a most bitter truth to swallow for the WTS!

• designs
    designs

No camel toes....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit