Governing Body sick of waiting! They want the paradise they were promised!

by donuthole 20 Replies latest jw friends

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Also, the parallel account in Mathew 24:49 renders the bit about getting drunk a little differently:

and he starts to beat his fellow slaves and to eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards

This scripture sees it's fulfilment in the GB as well, as they currently hold the power once weilded by Joeseph F. Rutherford - who is indeed a confirmed drunkard. Indeed thay even eat and drink at the same literal tables at bethel, and their income is derived from the same source.

I'm really on a roll. Clearly I have the sole ability to interpret prophecy (only after the fact, though!) Everyone come join my cult!

• donuthole
    donuthole

@OneEyedJoe -- Do you have a spinoff cult I could join? :-) Spot on!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Once the "big disappointment" of the 100 years of Jesus' kingdom dawns upon the GB and the upper echleons of the Org, they will start scrambling for new theological explanations as to why Armaggedon hasn't happened yet. Expect lots of "new light" over the next couple of years ...

Eden

• steve2
    steve2

The dual message of end-times religions across far-too-many centuries of waiting:

The loudly declared urgent words: "The end is so very near. Don't lose hope!"

The silent, barely suppressed, urgent thoughts: "Come, Lord Jesus, come quickly, PLEASE: I don't want to appear a fool for wasting my life warning people!"

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

GB are tugging at those new scrolls trying to get a peek to no avail.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want the paradise? Let's give them the lions and tigers they have been promising everyone else--right now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Donuthole - "...Governing Body sick of waiting!"

I've sometimes wondered that, too.

Particularly since all the Society's sins seem to finally be catching up with them.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I agree with your overall premise, donuthole. I think the reason for the extra emphasis on translation is that they think God is waiting for them to reach every last corner of the world with the message before the end can come (Matt. 24:14). It's basically an attitude of, "What do we have to do to get Armageddon to come already, Lord?!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

donuthole - "Governing Body sick of waiting! They want the paradise they were promised!"

Yet another factor in rush-jobbing Warwick, I'll bet.

Apognophos - "It's basically an attitude of, 'What do we have to do to get Armageddon to come already, Lord?!'"

"Particularly 'cause we need it to bail us out of all the trouble we're in!"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If I were there still, I would definitely wear louder ties and socks. Maybe not Spanx, though.

I think they want conformity. The answer to conformity is rebelling in small noticeable ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit