Governing Body sick of waiting! They want the paradise they were promised!

by donuthole 20 Replies latest jw friends

• donuthole
    donuthole

This post is going to suggest that the Governing Body remains, as Ray Franz wrote, "captives of a concept". Like every Jehovah's Witness they were raised with the belief that the the paradise would be here by now. Unlike others, they are in a position to do something about.

Why wait to rule over the earth? We have been given our Big Brother's belonging! Now get to work and don't wear colored socks! We're the boss!

Why live in a dirty city? Let's move upstate! But aren't the winters cold? No problem, we'll just construct luxury "educational centers" and "translation offices" in places like sunny Florida! Can I get one in Whales, too? No problem, let's just get some more of our "belongings" from the local congregation piggy bank.

Jesus Christ, they've gone full Rutherford and these "translation offices" are the new Beth Sarim.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Nice reality check

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

You may be on to something there!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yep, it's almost as if they're actively trying to become the fulfillment of Luke 12:45-46 - The FDS that got tired of waiting and started to beat the master's servants. Saturday was the beating that came about because they're tired of waiting.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Haha! A nice interpretation of what they are doing.

And, curiously - its all been done before, in early Christianity. The impatience with which we once waited for the paradise, matched the frustration of early Christians waiting for Jesus' promised return and his kingdom, read the Shepherd of Hermas to get some idea. When it did not come these frustrated Christian turned to the pagan concept of life in heaven after death.

When Diocletian's persecution came to its full end with Constantine's accession and his legalisation of Christianity, a huge construction of program of churches was commenced under Imperial patronage and finance.

If you study the internal decoration pf the second generation of church construction (what's left) you see a common pattern - they were designed to give the impression that you were already in heaven with Jesus and the holy angels all around you.

There's not really much that's new, under the sun

• sir82
    sir82

If you study the internal decoration pf the second generation of church construction (what's left) you see a common pattern - they were designed to give the impression that you were already in heaven with Jesus and the holy angels all around you.

A "spiritual paradise", then? Most interesting.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

I agree with most of what you say apart from "whales" I think you mean the country Wales and not the aquatic mammal? Lol!

• steve2
    steve2

One of the virtues of positing Christ's return as invisible is that, while those without faith cannot see it, those with faith keep seeing it even when it's not there.

• donuthole
    donuthole

No, they want to live in a whale, pinnochio style. LOL. Fortunately I have good editors for my books.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great point oneeyedjoe!

"beating the flock" indeed!

I hadnt linked it to that scripture before...but that is very true!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit