Night and Day from GB to Writing committee? Someone explain?

by thedepressedsoul 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

"Jehovah does NOT understand the inactive and indeed finds their hands covered in blood."

Inactive ones or dead ones?

Whose hands are covered in blood?

• KateWild
    KateWild

I agree with those that have already posted about cult techniques. The control of information is a way of controlling members. You are right, they will say one thing in a talk and something different in a WT study article, and something completely different on jw.org.

The information elders get is secret and different to what JWs get.

This can cause a lot of cognitive dissonance when you first realise it's going on. But when you understand it's a cult and it is what cults do you can move forward. Steve Hassan talks about this and can help you through it. I suggest you read Combatting cult mind Control. It's a good read and helps tp free up your mind.

Kate xx

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

3 dreadfully hours of condesending talks from GB members scolding the flock and making asses out of themselves on a nationwide broadcast. How sad for the super dubs to have to witness such a debacle.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• cha ching
    cha ching

Talk about "tight pants".... or explain why "the end did not come in the twentieth century" ?

• BU2B
    BU2B

Was there any bloodguilt for the lives lost during the organ transplant ban? Vaccination ban? Malawi? Contrary to the "warning work" there were actually real, tangible lives lost over changed teachings that are now ok! Anyone care to explain how that does not equal bloodguilt??

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The GB themselves seem to have lost the plot big time. With the GB wanting worship they have come to the fore and in doing so exposed themselves (probably what they enjoy doing), for the weirdos they really are.

Can their credibility hold with the rank&file(tm) for very long before something gives?

• smiddy
    smiddy

The Governing Body speak out of both sides of their mouth , in other words they speak with a forked tongue.What the say in print can be different to what they say at Conventions/Assemblys etc.Then depending on the question put to them they can either say we never said that or show us where we printed such a thing.

smiddy

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

They have probably been warned by their lawyers not to have in writing anything that can be incriminating.

I guess all the GB members have pet subjects. The dressing and grooming articles are curtesy of AM3.

No current WTS oracle?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

SaritaJ - "They have probably been warned by their lawyers not to have in writing anything that can be incriminating."

I kinda think that ship's already sailed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit