Night and Day from GB to Writing committee? Someone explain?

by thedepressedsoul 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yep, as Vidiot has said a few times (paraphrasing), they're making every effort to give the appearance of being a mainstream religion while hardening their stance on everything that makes them a damaging, represive cult.

• Londo111
    Londo111

As Steven Hassan said about cult Information Control: Insider Information vs Outsider Information. Also, the compartmentalization of Information. We can see both at work in regard the Zone visit.

• BU2B
    BU2B

The most explicit statements about 1975 were in talks, not in print. In a talk they could say the end WILL come in 1975, and if its in a talk, especially at a convention, it is considered true.

Beards, R rated movies, Avatar and many other things are not printed, yet are unwritten rules. These rules are just as binding as what is in print. If they are called out about it, they can say WE NEVER SAID THAT, just like 75'

Also, to be in print, most of the GB has to agree to its being published. This increases the chance of material being vetoed. In a talk, a GB member has free reign to spout out personal opinions as law without it having to run through an editing process.

One of the GB, I forget which, maybe Losch has gone on rants about american Football. He does not like it. That wouldnt get into print because they would never agree on printing it.

Morris has a hard on pun intended for tight pants for some reason. Maybe when he is sitting down and a handsome young brother is reading the WT Tony cant help but stare at something snaking down the leg of those tight pants.. He dosent like the feelings that he tries to supress coming to the fore, so he goes on rants about it lol

• Londo111
    Londo111

If the Watchtower ever banned football, there would be on outright revolt on thier hands. And they know it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Tight pants are a real problem for the WT...but no pants at all doesn't seem to bother Morris?

Venus Williams is posing nude for the 2014 issue of ESPN Body. ... Are the Witnesses giving celebrities like Venus and Serena Williams a pass for displaying their stuff?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

To be fair, I don't think the williams sisters were ever baptized so there's not much they can do about that.

• BU2B
    BU2B

The most irritating thing is that they say the bible has laws and priciples. Ok fair enough. The problem is that the GB has seen fit to define said principles and make hundreds of mini laws relating to them. There is no room for the individual to work out how a certain principle may apply or not apply to them.

For instance, the scripture about modesty. Tony has told us straight up that yoga pants are NOT APPROPRIATE, and no one OF SOUND MIND would wear them and THATS ALL THERE IS TO IT. He has taken a principle and made it into law. If a JW woman as an individual decided they were not modest FOR HER thats fine. If another decided they were modest THATS FINE TOO! They are for the individual to decide between them and god how to apply the principle. 100 years ago a glimpse of stocking was looked on as something shocking :). Now it is not. Fashions change and what is modest at one time and place is not in another time and place. Its not for Tony "Assclown" Morris to decide.

• millie210
    millie210

You all make some very good points.

Another thing along the same lines....

I heard that the Circuit Assembly has a talk about showing love to inactive ones.

Yet we all know that Morris said this weekend that "Jehovah does NOT understand the inactive and indeed finds their hands covered in blood."

So which is it?

• Island Man
    Island Man

I heard that the Circuit Assembly has a talk about showing love to inactive ones.

Yet we all know that Morris said this weekend that "Jehovah does NOT understand the inactive and indeed finds their hands covered in blood."

So which is it?

Maybe it's both. Maybe the Governing Body is ... [GASP!] ... divided!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

millie210 - "I heard that the Circuit Assembly has a talk about showing love to inactive ones. Yet we all know that Morris said this weekend that 'Jehovah does NOT understand the inactive and indeed finds their hands covered in blood.'"

Par for the course for a guy from a group of people who I suspect know it's wrong, but believe it's true at the same time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit