Elders are going to the CO on me

by cognac 60 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Best information here: NEVER meet with them or do anything else that "validates" their position of power in the bOrg. Remember....these are not really servants of God, they are just guys who happen to go to church with your hubby. Think about it. Don't play THEIR game -- make them play YOURS.

Can't possibly imagine what in h*ll your husband was thinking in ratting you out...what did he hope to gain? Sorry, but he's just plain weird for doing that. Sounds like he's more interested in getting sympathy from the eldumbs than in getting love and affection from his wife. Not sure how you feel about him but his actions say Idiot.

Protect your children at all costs and never, ever let them be involved in this eldumb craziness -- including this trumped-up drama nonsense about celebrating holidays. Play the lawyer card and play it fast, even if you don't have one. The threat should be enough to send them running away.

Congratulations on living life with your kids! Keep up the great parenting job.

• Mum
    Mum

If they want to use your children as witnesses against you, I recommend getting an attorney and try to stop it. A spouse is not required to testify against their marriage partner in court. Likewise, a child should never be put in a position of having to be adversarial with a parent.

You've got them on the run, so keep up the good work!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Just be careful, part of the meeting might be a way for them to build a case against you and blindside you with a divorce. The Watchtower has been known to provide legal support in divorce hearings where religion is the basis.

They might be trying to lure you into a false sense of security.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Your 'domineering personality' is just a reponse to this ridiculous religion - you're ok.

Let's just step back and look at this. You've celebrated Halloween and your birthday, now the elders have been told.

To any JWs lurking: can you see how ridiculous this all is?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

You've just crossed into...The Twilight Zone!

• carla
    carla

You need an attorney who is familiar with jw's, here is one who fights for the non jw spouse

http://jwchildcustody.com/

they have a free consultation phone # on their site

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sweetie, you're married to a company man and a narc.

It's only a matter of time before he decides he's gonna "trade up" and do whatever he's gotta do to achieve it (probably make your life miserable so you'll eventually throw up your hands, say "f**k it", and walk so he can retain his tribal status).

I am so sorry.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Whatever happens, good luck to you. A toast to you. Christmas Cheer to you. Make a New Year's resolution concerning this.

• KateWild
    KateWild

cognac,

It sounds like they're confused how to move forward, or undecided amoungst the body, that's why they are involving your father and the CO. You have left and are moving on wonderfully. I hope this nonsense doesn't get in the way of you celebrating Xmas with your kids.

Go for it, power to you girl.

Kate xx

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Lots of excellent advice. Tell them you will be happy to meet with them if your attorney is allowed to be present. Problem solved.

That is what I was going to write and then it occured to me that I don't know what you want to accomplish. Sorry, need to reread your posts from the beginning. But, in general, I like your style.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit