Elders are going to the CO on me

by cognac 60 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I celebrated Halloween and my birthday and the Elders have been told. Husband told the elders I've called the religion a cult. They said I'm "heading down a road to be an apostate." Lol

They know there will be no negotiations on celebrating holidays if I'm disfellowshipped. However; if I'm not disfellowshipped I'd negotiate on things such as having a "winter festival" instead of Christmas.

Husband told them it would be impossible to raise them anywhere near the religion if I'm excommunicated because I would tell the courts when we get divorced that he's raising them in a cult. They said what I'm doing is blackmail. Apparently, all agreed that I have a "domineering personality" and feel it would be bad for the kids if I'm disfellowshipped.

Apparently, I'm a "unique case" and they are going to talk to the other elders and CO. They want to meet with me and might be sending me a letter requesting a meeting but said that I should not be worried about getting disfellowshipped.

• hoser
    hoser

Apparently, I'm a "unique case" and they are going to talk to the other elders and CO. They want to meet with me and might be sending me a letter requesting a meeting but said that I should not be worried about getting disfellowshipped.

And pigs can fly. Anytime you meet with elders you should be worried about getting disfellowshipped.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Stay strong! Our support is with you!

Own the fact that "yes, I am calling it a cult...yes that means that I am an 'apostate'!"

Be proud of your decision...show them you are not apologizing for your stand. It is one you have taken after much research and thought. You are doing what you know is right! You want to save your children.

Isnt that what a loving parent does? sees a danger to their family and acts on it?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Why bring up Romans chapter 14 and Colossians where Paul says that celebrating holidays is fine. then mention how in 2 corinthians he said to his followers he was not trying to be a master over their faith. So why is the leadership and the elders trying to be master over yours. If you wish to push harder, tell them you're one of the anointed and Their in no position to judge you. Have fun with it and record it for all to hear later. It was fun bring out scriptures that blew up their doctrine when I was meeting with the elders, their eyes would get all big and they would fumble around trying to come up with a rebuttal. It takes them by surprise when their shown scriptures like these for they truly think they have it all correct..

• I quit!
    I quit!

Good job Cognac. By "domineering personality" they mean someone they can't control. They don't like that. You're supposed to live in fear of ever displeasing them. Once the fear of them is gone they've lost you.

With all the court cases and all the information on the internet it is getting harder for them to hide the fact that they are a dangerous mind control cult. I hope the courts are beginning to see that and will take that into consideration in divorce cases.

BTW my wife was the one that ratted me out also. I knew once I told her it would all come down very quick so I already had my letter of dissociation in the mail to them. I never held it against her because in her mind I was god organization.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

in my own personal experience you cannot trust the elders...they are programmed to dig for dirt, to fabricate allegations if necessary...in my own experience I even had my facebook account 'hacked' by a very tech savvy elder and ms resulting in fabricated comments put on my pages...as I said...elders are not to be trusted....sorry.

• baltar447
    baltar447

LOL! I'm laughing that they seem to be scared of you. That means you have way more power over the situation than you may realize. Good luck!!

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

They can only df you if you celebrated a "religious" holiday.

So celebrating birthdays is not a problem as it is not religious.

By the way according to Job 1:4 Jobs sons celebrated birthdays. That really a birthday is meant is confirmed by Job 3:1 where the same hebrew word is used.

And good luck. I hope you can succeed to teach your children critical thinking skills that they will be able to make their own decisions concerning religion when they are old enough.

• cognac
    cognac

I laughed when my husband was pushing for to meet with them. I'm like, "I'm not going to be my own 2nd witness." Lol

Wonder if they would ever try to talk to my 5 year old...

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wrong Daniel, they sure as sh!t will DF someone for birthdays

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit