& They Say “Privileges” In The Congregation Isn’t a Status

by thedepressedsoul 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I’m sure you all have heard at one point or read that being an elder or MS isn’t a position higher up but rather that you work “under” the congregation.

Anthony Morris just threw that out the window! I have “privileges” in the congregation and even I was offended and felt bad for anyone who was 23 or older and not a MS!

He goes on to tell this story of how a sister wanted to marry a brother and that Anthony Morris discouraged it because he was 23 and not an MS yet. He said it showed he was “spiritually weak” that he was that age and was not a MS. He then goes on to say how it ended badly for her after she married him. Suggesting that because this kid was not a MS yet at 23 was somehow the reason for the outcome being “bad”!

Could you imagine sitting there in your late 20’s, 30’s or even 40’s and having no privileges and hearing this! Basically being called spiritually weak in front of everyone! What gives him the right to be able to tell someone whether they are spiritually weak or not based off of a man made position! I didn’t realize that the bible and god judge someone by the magic age of 23 or not being an MS.

They rant in Watchtower’s about how it’s a privilege and that you work below the congregation. Anthony Morris just put being a MS or higher up on a pedestal and that you were “lowly” or “spiritually weak” by not being one. I feel really bad for anyone sitting there that was just an old, lowly publisher. Disgusting!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If I had a dime for every sister I've known who married a ms/elder/bethelite and is now divorced from their scumbag husband, I'd be rich.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what if someone joins the cancer later than 23? I joined at an age higher than 23. So many get baptized at age 30, 35, 40--maybe not so much now, but that was more common in the late 1980s and could become common again under Saturn in Sagittarius (especially if they manage to do Internet II). Then you get in, and find there are already 8 hounders and 16 assistant hounders.

I would put it as a better test that a person abides by what they claim to abide by. Not perfectly, since we all do dumb things and we can change our beliefs if we find the book on which we base our beliefs to be faulty (or worse, a book of black magick against the people). But, if we claim to abide by that damnation book, do we? Or do we claim to be xian and push doctrines that belong with Judaism or Islam? If the official doctrine is wrong and we see it, do we abide by the bad doctrine anyway, or do we abide by the correct doctrine and, if they refuse to fix it, view that as a sign that the religion is wrong? Remember, for a religion to be true, it must be based on sound doctrine, and they must abide by it as best as reasonably possible. For sure, no one wants to marry a tyrant simply because they are "spiritually" qualified.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't have to imagine - I'm 30 and never was an ms. My wife jokingly said that she shouldn't have married me because I wasn't an ms.

• Divergent
    Divergent

I was "reaching out" for years, only to be held back by man-made rules. It got to a point where the entire situation was just totally ridiculous! Anyway, the frustration that resulted from being held back led me to discover TTATT. If I had "progressed" & "advanced" as a result of being appointed, I might still be in a "bliss" of ignorance

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The saying that being an Elder is working "under" the flock is bull shit. I have a recording of meeting where I get the Elders to say that the sheep must be pushed becuase they wont do what is right without the Eldubs hounding them. They have even said ( not on tape ) that the sheep are so weak, we must guard them from negativity.

If you are the shepherd, then you naturally assume you are stronger than those you guard. If you label someone as weak, that makes you the strong one.

LET'S REVIEW: IT'S A CULT!!!

DD

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

Wow, if being 23 and not an MS is a sign of immaturity, what does that say about Jesus who waited to get baptized at 30 only to give 31/2 years of his life to the preaching work?

Thats just guiltripping jws.We all know you have to suck up to the elders to be an MS.And if one of them has a personal vendetta then you will never be one.

It helps if your daddy is an elder or wealthy.That's a fact.

• Divergent
    Divergent

"We all know you have to suck up to the elders to be an MS. And if one of them has a personal vendetta then you will never be one"

Agreed. There has to be a concensus when the elders make appointments. So even if there are 10 elders & only 1 out of the 10 objects, you're screwed.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

some of the elders and ms appointed prior to my exit were self righteous, judgemental narrow minded individuals with very little experience of real life......with one thing in common...all were born ins...as was the PO....any brother who was a 'walk in of my own choice group' was almost always overlooked...as being spiritually weak etc etc....but in retrospect I think it came down to control..as born ins risk losing contact with family etc if they were to 'wake up'...

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

I was offended at 19! And ive carried the arbitrary task of my congregation when we only had one servant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit