Im still young (19)....just reading Crisis of Conscious

by Blackfalcon98 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Yea, i keep it locked up @ the house and read it discreetly on public transit! Its a real eye openner! @Balaamass (COOL NAME) yea, Ive considered it! This forum really has helped me!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Good for you. It makes me happy to see a young person waking up before the organization ruins their life.

I actually haven't read the book. I left before I knew TTATT, I just knew the religion wasn't for me and it wasn't representing God. It took me years before I even found JWN.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

@Lisa Rose, Please read it! Its very entertaining....and it give you a good feel for why people stay in, and thoughts of GB members and company men. It stands as a testament that apostates aren't the evil ones and I truly appreciate how R. Franz explains who wrote which articles/chapters in which publication. Some of these writers aren't "anointed" and yet they are dispensing "spiritual food"......hmmm??

• blondie
    blondie

BTW Ray Franz was not a born again. He wrote extensively that the trinity was not a Christian teaching. He was never a ssociated with any religious group, or formed his "own religion." He respected people and their choice as to what they believed religiously or not religiously.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome Blackfalcon! I had heard about R Franz's book when it came out but refused to even peek at it then. Fast foreward to about 6 years ago when my hubby (Balaamsass) secretly bought the book, started to read it but made the mistake of not hiding it. When I found it, I threw it away without asking him. Then about 3 years ago there was a "last straw" that made me upset enough to take the rebellous step to read COC on line. By chapter 3 Iwas DONE with the WBT$!!. The book hit me like someone dumping cold water on a drunk, shocked and angry! Rays book gave us the courage to investigate the rotten roots of the organization and we left together after wasting nearly 60 years in the cult.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

It is so good that you're reading this now at 19. When I was 18 I questioned but the only thing I read was the Your Will Be Done On Earth book. That of course just convinced me that the organization was correct about things. Had I had CoC then things would have been different. Mind you it had just been written. But I was too naive to know how to get my hands on it.

Isaac

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

I wish I could get my fam to read it.....but I already know that would be suicide!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Try just asking them relevant questions if the opportunity come up. Like "why aren't we supposed to read literature that is critical of the organization, shouldn't the truth stand up to criticism? We encourage Catholics to read our literature that is critical of their church, why the double standard". The religion has so many rules that make no sense if you think about them, but people don't think critically. If you ask most witnesses to defend their beliefs they cannot, even after a lifetime of meetings and study. There is something fundamentally wrong when you are not allowed to read anything critical of the Watchtower or ask certain questions.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Ill try to slip some in...it will take years before I could build up to one like that though, @Lisa

• LV101
    LV101

Blondie - I'm glad you posted about Ray Franz not becoming a born again. The statement shocked me and I was going to ask about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit