Im still young (19)....just reading Crisis of Conscious

by Blackfalcon98 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Hi guys, Ive finally got a copy of CoC from my local library, Im on page 120ish and Im really enjoying it! The thing that gets me now that Im enlightened is how little the Rank and file know about anything this organazation does! Everything is so secretive and covered up behind a curtain. Child abuse scandal...not mentioned. R. Franz leaves GB in the 80's.....short note hidden in a KM. Double standards regarding Mexico and Malawi.....my own fam couldn't tell me a thing about it! The real writers of the original NWT.....no one who is NOT considered 'apostate' knows, or atleast no one knows or dare to ask. Its soo frustrating learning all these things about an organazation I grew up believing was God's mouthpiece. Now im learning the TTATT and I cant mention much of it to friends and fam or ELSE ill be labeled an apostate before Im ready to fully deal with the backlash of that! Anyone else remember how they felt when they first read CoC?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Total relief- I wasn't crazy after all.

I felt alone with my doubts for so long it felt good to find out that I was'nt the first

and I would definitely not be the last.

I also had new found respect for anyone that had been accused of apostasy.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I was angry when I first read it because at age 56 years I wasted 30 years of my life in this cult. I have done a lot of reading and research since my husband and I walked away 3 years ago and I feel so much better now. Keep reading and researching, I found JWfacts.com very good along with JWSurvery.org. There are some YouTube channels I enjoy too. This site also helped me when I was waking up.

You are young and so fortunate you woke up now, you have the opportunity to have a very fulfilling life ahead of you. I hope you are considering getting a college education or you have a good trade you have learned.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Yea, me too.....I actually was out knocking on doors (still active) and one dub told me that the house she knocked on, a woman came to the door and said: "Im an apostate!" The sister then asked an elder I was working with what he thought, if that apostate were to attempt to get reinstated what would the BOE do. He said: "Treat em' worse than a regular DF'ed person." I was a bit shocked. The cognitive dissonance exhibited by this elder is amasing! He shows good logic, and is quite "luke-warm" when it comes to things, but yet SOO loyal to the borg. its shocking!

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

@Aunt, yea...currently in college now.....went straight after HS! I grew up in poverty...ill be damned if I die in it.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

Yes, I like to throw a twist to some JWs, in chapter 4.

I used to ask "geez, why did Fred Franz and Natahn Knorr reject the idea of a dictatorial "governing body"?, did you even know about that?" The only guys that didn't vote for the GB tyranny in the first session, were a couple leading members of the GB. Even Fred and Nate thought it was a bad idea, but they were the only ones.

I think more is said in that than meets the eye. In a way Fred Franz and Nathan Knorr were also disfellowshipped, but gave in to keep it an unofficial reality, if they had not they would have been the next on the chopping block imo. The true epicenter of JW and Bethel ruin is in that 1975-1976 development, all reproach, all dwindling numbers, the UN NGO, all have roots to that epicenter in experimental management, and the GB are classic backstabbers, freeloaders, loafers and ingrates, imo—not to mention glory hounds taking credit for things they had nothing to do in creating; actors, frauds, phonies.

No wonder it isn't workign out. Sow, sow, sow the boat... The reaping is what is coming.

JWs will be the final victims of that parade, in time, it is not "holy" it is a foregin "body", a spriritual cancer, the cell of grand corruption, the so-called "Governing Body" experiment.

• Hidden-Window
    Hidden-Window

Crisis of Conscience had caused such a great impact on so many Witnesses... Ray Franz reveals himself as an amazingly honest individual and as a very clear thinker. His two books are worth reading. I deeply enjoyed them. Keep reading...

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

Total shock at some things.Other things didn't surprise me.Later, anger at how a group of men control the lives of millions yet some of them are not even sure about /do not believe in what they are teaching.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I read CoC online in the uni library over a period of about 5 days. Each time, I stayed until 1am!

I was shocked when I found out about the Malawi vs Mexico debacle.

I thought Ray Franz was an excellent writer. I also feel that, regardless of any faults he may have had, his views on the WTS were balanced and sincere.

He also came across as a decent person.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I stay away from this book. Ray Franz was a born again.. thats means he left one cult and joined another... however in reading it I noted the history of JWS in the 1940s-1970s are 100% accurate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit