God is not an element both in religious fanaticism and atheism alike

by exWTslave 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Caedes
    Caedes

He won't. He hasn't read it himself or he would comment on it.

Cofty,

It's astonishing how often our more fundamentalist fellow posters do that.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

"We have proven..." Cofty what have you proved as a scientist specializing in evolution? The elder mindset at work in atheism. If you a Nobel winning scientist, please explain your silence.

• Caedes
    Caedes

BOTR,

If you can't understand what that means within the context of a post about science then you must have the English comprehension abilities of a child.

• DJS
    DJS

Another one,

This one is the UN's Human Development Index (HDI). The HDI was created to emphasize that people and their capabilities should be the ultimate criteria for assessing the development of a country, not economic growth alone. It is a summary measure of average achievement in key dimensions of human development: a long and healthy life, being knowledgeable and have a decent standard of living. The UN's HDI top 20 is dominated by the most secular/atheistic nations, including when other factors such as gender equality are included. http://hdr.undp.org/en/content/exporting-data-and-understanding-api.

There are other less quantitative surveys, such as the happiest countries list, which illustrate the same thing: the more atheistic and secular a nation the more functional it is likely to be.

• cofty
    cofty

Seriously BOTR are you ok? You are chasing me around the forum this afternoon posting incoherent rants.

"We" in this context means post enlightenment humans as opposed to those still advocate Dark Age superstitions as a preferable means to understand reality.

• Kalos
    Kalos

bohm got it correctly when said: “lets just assume all atheists just want to be atheists.” Many want to be atheists because they want to be.

It’s not lack of proof for the existence of God that matters, what is really lacking is the willingness to accept it. Proofs are plenty:

1) You see motion, you have to have a prime-mover

2) You see resources, you have to have a SOURCE behind all resources

3) You see consciousness being reflected in all beings in varying degrees—more in human beings, and you have to have a SOURCE for them.

You take history, stories, movies, or any happening---everything follows the rule (one thing leads to another). It means there is a source for everything—I am not referring here the kind of God religions portray—religions are commercial business teaching people to seek MATERIAL benefits from God, thus teaching them to love more God’s things than God Himself.

• Kalos
    Kalos

DJS

Thank you for that wonderful research results. I appreciate that—that is the way it has to be. Interestingly, exWTslave has already alluded to this in his Post No 196.

Yet many of the atheists in this forum are known for their ORAL VIOLENCE taking delight in lavish use of words such as bullshit, ignorant, derp .... (meaning of which can also be conveyed in many other polished and pleasant ways, without belittling the person)

I am a believer in God (not as any religion presents Him to be) as a First Cause to whom I turn for guidance. In any of my posts, can you find AT LEAST ONE reference even remotely alluding to meaning of those words do? Who does really support your research results?

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Many commented on introductory part—motion.

Yet no one wants to comment on the more important aspect (aesthetics—art, architecture, literature and, music and then things such as power of reason, intuition .....…) which matter cannot vouch!

• cofty
    cofty

You take history, stories, movies, or any happening---everything follows the rule (one thing leads to another). It means there is a source for everything

So who made your god?

• Kalos
    Kalos

cofty,

You know very well that such questions make no sense if you are the recipient of such questions.

1) Imagine for a moment you are working in an Air-ticket booking counter and a traveler asks you: “What time is the earliest flight to some destination?” You answer: “At 00.05 A.M.” Now the traveler asks you: “Any flight before that earliest flight?”

How would you feel about that traveler?

2) Or you are a teacher in a school, and you see students talking to each other, and you said authoritatively: “Be silent!”

One of the students asks you: “How can you break silence (by using those two words BE SILENT) and still ask us to be silent?” How would you answer to that student?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit