God is not an element both in religious fanaticism and atheism alike

by exWTslave 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

In my intimate conversations with many of my atheists friends I have found that their real problem is the human rights abuse of the religious fanatics—something which God hates (not the lack of proof for God’s existence) (means when the religions went to one extreme, their opponents go to another extreme—thus God is not at all an element both in religious fanaticism and atheism alike) Atheists shun, belittle or resist proofs for the existence of God, because they fear it will only further strengthen the religion from which the fanaticism arises—thus object of atheist’s attack is fanaticism (not God) . Hence what atheists do is really a service to the humanity (while fanaticism is a crime against humanity)

Hence when the atheists ask for proof for the existence of God, one need not take it seriously. Because they themselves know that it is like fishes in the sea asking for proof for the existence of sea. Similarly, everything we see is matter, yet matter itself and the way it acts are proofs for the existence of God. Because universe is composed of matter, and, as a system, is sustained by motion. Motion is not a property of matter, and without this motion, all systems such as the solar system …. could not exist. THE NATURAL STATE OF MATTER IS A STATE OF REST. Motion, or change of place, is the effect of an external cause acting upon matter. Everything which has hitherto been discovered relates only to the laws by which motion acts, AND NOT TO THE CAUSE OF MOTION. Were motion a property of matter, that undiscovered and undiscoverable thing called perpetual motion would establish itself?

Just like motion, there are many other things! In his latest tome The Soul of the World, philosopher Scruton contends the lens of science alone is not adequate to capture the elusive transcendent dimension of reality. He draws on aesthetic arsenal—on art, architecture, literature and, above all, music to suggest that highest forms of human experience and expression tell the story of a deeply-anchored religious need and a quest for a DIVINE BEING beyond human imperfections who might fit the bill. Those aesthetics and things such as power of reason, intuition .....…all address us from far beyond the borders of the natural world which of course evolution cannot `explain'!

“The heavens are yours, and yours also the earth; you founded the world and all that is in it.”—Psalm 89:11

• prologos
    prologos

not only motion, also acceleration, oscillations and movement through time. energy.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

You really should mention that most of your text is taken directly from "Thomas Paine".

pseudo

• Viviane
    Viviane

Hence when the atheists ask for proof for the existence of God, one need not take it seriously.

You can't take it seriously because you don't have any. Taking it seriously would force you to admit you've none or, as you amply demonstrated, send you into a swirling cesspool of nonsensical, meaningless derp.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Viviane

I like what you said: “a swirling cesspool of nonsensical, meaningless derp”

Resorting to pure ASSERTION and LABELLING using words such as these is an indirect way of admitting you have nothing in your arsenal to counter what you read.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

pseudoxristos

I was inspired by philosopher Scruton--and I have mentioned it too in the post.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

'When the atheists ask for proof for the existence of God, one need not take it seriously'. Oh really??? Exactly WHOSE 'God' are you talking about? The Jewish God? The Christian Trinitarian God? The Islamic God Allah? The Pagans' Nature Gods? The ancient roman and Greek Gods? The Hindu Gods? There are countless 'gods' that are worshipped by many religions around the world. Is one group's God the 'right' one? How can we know for sure??? Maybe 'God', if such a being exists, is TOTALLY unlike ANY of our descriptions of him/her/ it. 'God' could be something so far advanced and large that we couldn't even begin to conceive of it. I think there is far more to Life and the Universe than we currently can know, and I don't think the churches have the answers to it. There might be a God, there may not be. Who are we to say???

• Viviane
    Viviane

Resorting to pure ASSERTION and LABELLING using words such as these is an indirect way of admitting you have nothing in your arsenal to counter what you read.

Your response is a perfectly beautiful example of a meaningless cesspool of derp.

Your imaginary sky daddy is just that, imaginary. What I read is an attempt to convince people that they can make fantastical claims and somehow expect to be taken seriously. It's just not so. Your reasoning and critical thinking skills are non-existant. You want and expect your childish beliefs to be respected, yet you can't even answer in a coherent fashion even the simplest of questions.

It's sad, utterly and pathetically sad.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

NAVYTOWN

Religions have not got God rightly as they use reward and fear to attract people to themselves. This is what prompted Eisntein to say: “Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.”

When I say God, I mean the First Cause who has not yet been understood by any of the religions, who have given us life and all life-support systems to enjoy that life.

• Caedes
    Caedes

I'm an atheist and can assure you that I don't believe in god because there is not one single scrap of empirical evidence and has nothing to do with the inhumanity of fanatical people who claim to believe. I suspect that your 'many intimate conversations with atheist friends' is a figment of your imagination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit