Science is right in its details, but wrong in its direction

by exWTslave 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kalos
    Kalos

bohm

What Einstein actually said, is recorded in Jammer’s book (http://www.bethinking.org/god/did-einstein-believe-in-god):

“Behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force is my religion. To that extent, I am in point of fact, religious.”[8]

“Every scientist becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men.”[9]

“Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe – a spirit vastly superior to that of man.”[10]

The divine reveals itself in the physical world.”[11]

My God created laws… His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking but by immutable laws.”[12]

“I want to know how God created this world. I want to know his thoughts.”[13]

“What I am really interested in knowing is whether God could have created the world in a different way.”[14]

“This firm belief in a superior mind that reveals itself in the world of experience, represents my conception of God.”[15]

“My religiosity consists of a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit, …That superior reasoning power forms my idea of God.”[1

Einstein obviously embarrassed the scientific community when recognized a First Cause by saying the above.

He equally embarrassed the religious community when he said:

“Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.”

When spoke about equality of human beings [" My political ideal is democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized."*] , he was suspected of being a communist by the capitalist lobby ….

In brief: He abandoned the convention, and became like a sand in the shoe of the cultic establishments.

*Footnote:

Einstein expanded it this way:

"But heroism on command,
    senseless violence,
    and all the loathsome nonsense
    that goes by the name of patriotism:
    how passionately I hate them!
    Perfection of means
    and confusion of ends
    seem to characterize our age
    and it has become appallingly obvious
    that our technology
    has exceeded our humanity,
    that technological progress
    is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal,
    and that the attempt to combine wisdom and power
    has only rarely been successful
    and then only for a short while.

It is my conviction
    that killing under the cloak of war
    is nothing but an act of murder.
    (I do not know what weapons
    World War III will be fought with,
    but World War IV will be fought
    with sticks and stones.)

Oh, how I wish that somewhere
    there existed an island
    for those who are wise
    and of goodwill! . . .

In such a place even I
    would be an ardent patriot,
    for I am not only a pacifist,
    but a militant pacifist.
    I am willing to fight for peace,
    for nothing will end war
    unless the people themselves
    refuse to go to war.

Our task must be to free ourselves
    by widening our circle of compassion
    to embrace all living creatures
    and the whole of nature and its beauty.
    And peace cannot be kept by force;
    it can only be achieved by understanding."

"Nationalism is the infantile sickness of mankind,
    the measles of the human race,
    and so never do anything against your conscience
    even if the state demands it."

http://www.thehypertexts.com/Albert%20Einstein%20Poet%20Poetry%20Poems%20Pictures%20Bio.htm

• Viviane
    Viviane

Anytime a religious person attempt to use Einstein and science to prop up their ridiculous position, you can be sure they truly understand none of the things they are talking about.

I dub it Viviane's Law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit