$13.5 million to a San Diego man

by truthseekeriam 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Makes me almost believe in God....

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow. Bravo.

WBTS has been working diligently to turn their image around in the world and to keep the faithful in awe with their slick marketing. Lipstick - pig.

• sporece
    sporece

Great news.

We need this kind of news daily but feel sorry for the abused.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

This is what brings about change and progress inside an org by imperfect men. I look forward to the time when a formal background check and personal references will be required of anyone seeking a position of authority inside the Org.

GC

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

More details on the Oregon case Shirley, please.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

More details on the Oregon case Shirley, please.

• antes8080
    antes8080

Fox news 6 san diego has story also and they report it will be a news confrence at 10:30 today by the watctower should be intersting

• antes8080
  • sir82
    sir82

Here is a link to anopther San Diego's station's coverage, with a different video:

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/135M-settlement-for-child-sex-abuse-victim-Church-accused-of-cover-up-281076722.html

The narrator says "In just a few hours from now, the WTBTS will pay 13.5 million to the victim".

I assume she misspoke - if they are going to appeal the decision, how is it they will be paying "in just a few hours"?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

There definitely seems to be some conflicting information. First off, if it where a settlement there would be no appeal because the WTS would've had to agree to it. It seems as though there was a ruling by a judge that the WTS intends to appeal. At the very least, though, it's a lot of bad publicity tied to the name "Jehovah's Wittnesses."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit