Does The State Have The Right To Quarantine Someone Because They Might Have Ebola?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

BOTR

Was that last comment sarcasm? I'll have to check online and see what they are saying.

t

• Gregor
    Gregor

OK, everyone. Hang on. This thread is whiplashing into politics at warp speed.

That's what happens when the government is always playing catch up.

As if the Obamazombies don't already have enough to deal with! Bless their faithful little brains.

Maybe we need a czar to head up the whole shebang and bring some leadership to the problem. (what?.....oh, never mind)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is very sarcastic. Gov. Christie was a good U.S. Attorney (federal prosecutor). He is not a medical doctor or scientist. I just happen to live in the media market where he is covered daily. He had a problem with his weight running for president. With surgical intervention, he is melting away before the public's eyes. If he does not get the GOP nomination, he can endorse his surgical group for TV commercials and make money. The man is so New Jersey. It will be fun to see how midwestern voters react to Christie as a nominee.

• talesin
    talesin

I'll have to find some stuff online, as I don't have TV. This is getting interesting. I think that as a Presidential candidate, he would be quite entertaing to watch in the race. I wonder who would run on his ticket? hmmm........ anyhow, back to the nurse, and her 15 minutes. ;P

t

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m not in america , however the protocol was to isolate yourself for a specific time to safegaurd contamination to anybody else .

A reasonable request from what I can see. Whats the downside of this individual spending a few more days in isolation to ensure the protection of the greater community.?

Her defiance of this smacks of arrogance , me-ism , and a total disregard of caring for her fellow man/woman/kind

What in the world was her problem , a few more days in isolation ? She is a self indulgent bitch , who wants her 15 minutes of fame. and she`s got it.

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Ebola is not just your common flu epidemic it is a far more serious problem

shouldnt those who might have been subject to it be concerned about spreading it further ?

The safeguards that are put in by the authourities should be adhered to , for the benefit of all.

And not be jepordised by some individual with her own agenda,

smiddy

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Yes they do. I don't care if they have signs of infection or not. What happens if she was infected but not showing symptoms.. they say that its not infectious in that case but what if the virus mutated as they so often do. Better safe than sorry

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You are not contagious until symptoms appear. This is a fact. I don't think it is prudent to return from treating ebola and go on every subway line and then go bowling. I would stay close to home and only frequent stores in my neighborhood. The issue is public panic. History shows that times of great stress pose the greatest danger to our form of government. I don't have time to be an expert on all the reporting. University Hospital in Newark did outrageous stuff to me recently in the past weeks. I had no infectious disease. She is a fighter and antagonist. It would not be my way of educating the public. Different people have different skill sets. I respect her.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

However many try to politicize this fresh disaster

This thread is whiplashing into politics at warp speed.

And then this:

As if the Obamazombies don't already have enough to deal with! Bless their faithful little brains.

Back to topic.............

As I recall there was a similar trajectory with AIDS - ignorance about transmission, fear of contagion, a high mortality rate, etc., and now AIDS patients freely walk among us.

President Reagan, representing the US gubmint at the time, dropped the ball big time:

"President Ronald Reagan’s record is forever tarnished by his lack of leadership on HIV/AIDS; he infamously refused to address it until 1987. By that time, the CDC reported that more than 40,000 Americans had contracted the disease and more than 23,000 of them had died. When the president did speak about AIDS prevention, he recused the government and alarmingly mingled science with ethics: “The federal role must be to give educators accurate information about the disease. How that information is used must be up to schools and parents, not government. But let’s be honest with ourselves — AIDS information cannot be what some call ‘value neutral.’ After all, when it comes to preventing AIDS, don’t medicine and morality teach the same lessons?”

"To his credit, Obama is displaying none of Reagan’s head-in-the-sand syndrome. As soon as it became clear that a second Dallas nurse had been infected with Ebola, Obama canceled campaign swings and hosted a high-level meeting at the White House to discuss the outbreak. On Friday, the president went a step further, tapping Ron Klain as his Ebola czar."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/ebola-a-growing-epidemic-of-fear-eerily-like-the-early-years-of-the-age-of-aids/2014/10/15/5781f1fe-5479-11e4-809b-8cc0a295c773_story.html

• the girl next door

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit