Find What Your Social Status Was in the Congregation

by Mary 44 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

I was a 3 now I'm an 8

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nice to see you back Mary!..

Our family was #2 but decent......Believers with No ill intentions..

I left the WBT$ before I was old enough to be saddled with all the WBT$ JW Crap Privilages and Promotions..

"YOU CAN HOLD A MIC!"

Woop-De-Friggin-Dooooo.....

...................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

2,5,6,7,8, & -100 now. lol

• JeffT
    JeffT

8 here.

There were also some elders who were entirely sincere and who cared a great deal for the r&f who were struggling. They stood up to oppressive elders and tried to comfort and encourage others. Their constant message was to appreciate whatever others could manage, however small and to not judge other's decisions and choices.

The elder that officiated our wedding was like this. After a few years he couldn't take it anymore and quit being an elder. He got talked into being an elder and then quit again. I have no idea where he is now. Straight up guys either can't be straight up guys anymore, or they can't be elders.

• Violia
    Violia

you forgot the folks who have been DF'd /Da's or put on any kind of restrictions and reinstated. There is a special hell for them, unless they and their family are well connected. These are the folks with "isues" adictions of all kinds, homosexual tendencies etc . In this group are the misfits who are mentally ill etc .

GaryBuss did this and if I can find his thread I'll post it. It was excellent.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/56488/1/Types-Of-Witnesses

• Mary
    Mary

JeffT said: The elder that officiated our wedding was like this. After a few years he couldn't take it anymore and quit being an elder.

Yep, it seems that those who were genuinely concerned about people got harassed by the other elders that didn't give a damn and they either end up stepping down before they have a nervous breakdown, or before they're forced out.

Hey Outlaw!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

We were 2, and then became a 5. I can remember when the GB decided to cancel the Cong Bk Sty but they made you wait 1 year before they implemented it, We just stopped it when it was announced. We also made our own arrangements for FS. It's funny how some in our group still invited us over and didn't snub us. We were treated respectfully, except the Welfare collectors. Those guys snubbed us because we wern't around to give them free rides.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You will find similiar categories of "social status" in all walks of life.

"Status anxiety" is very common in environments where shallowness and insincerity

are encouraged and rewarded, and the only thing that matters is appearance.

You should expect that kind of thing to exist in politics or the entertainment industry.

But it is a very enlightening "tell" when it exist in such abundance

amongst the "the happiest, most loving christians on earth"

those who claim to be "the only true religion".

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Always felt I was an outsider looking in. Never made one single friend while in. The hypocrisy was so obvious. Their thinking so idiotic!

• zed revisited
    zed revisited

One correction of the OP; Presiding Overseers are now Coordinator of the Body of Elders.

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit