one last step..Is being mentally out the same as being emotionally out?

by MissFit 64 Replies latest jw friends

• MissFit
    MissFit

((((Lisa Rose))):I'm sorry for your loss. It is so hard when the people you need the most are emotionally unavailable. You are right there will always be a hole that cant be completely filled.

The sad part is your family cant appreciate what they are losing by shutting you out.

I think it is harder to accept and mourn the loss of ones still living.

The utter waste is no more obvious than at a funeral of a loved one. All that precious time gone. Jws dont realize there are no do overs.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hello all, after the holidays, I have spent some time assessing my emotional freedom.

This was the first year I put up a tree and decorated it.

It was more of a celebration of my freedom than of Christmas. I am trying to 

unchain myself from the taboos and superstitions that were ingrained in me.

I was not struck by lightning .lol.  I was surprisingly guilt free.

I did admit to my mom this year that I wasn't going to meetings instead of letting her assume I was.

Anyone else shed a few more emotional chains lately?

• MissFit
    MissFit

I have noticed some new posters on the forum.  I hope to get some more input.

Miss.Fit

• cappytan
    cappytan

MissFit:

I now consider myself mentally out.

I'm coming to grips, though, with getting emotionally out. I think that's why I'm having that mental battle between Reason/Logic and Tradition/Family.

I don't know if I'll ever be 100% emotionally out even if I'm 100% mentally and physically out. 

As long as there are familial ties to the organization, I don't know if I can have emotional closure.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hi Cappytan. Thanks for responding. 

Hang in there.  You have plenty of time to discover and investigate.  There  will always be some emotional tie to loved ones.

I think some people are so emotionally invested that they will stay even if they no longer believe the teachings. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit