one last step..Is being mentally out the same as being emotionally out?

by MissFit 64 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This is indeed one of the best threads!....It has got us all thinking...

I have realised something too....The very fact that we are here on this awesome forum may show that we are NOT indeed yet Emotionally out....

The org still has an impact or influence or effect on our lives......

• MissFit
    MissFit

You are right, but it is up to us to decide how much it will affect us. I think this site helps us work that out and gives us support while we are doing so.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes indeed MissFit!

Agreed.

This forum does provide us with a great support network! I would be lost without it....

• Terry
    Terry

The language a Jehovah's Witness speaks is the same language he uses to think.

When an EX-JW moves on with life leaving the Kingdom Hall in the rearview mirror, guess what he

takes with him wherever he goes?

THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS MIND SET.

If you are a French person and you move to Germany you will experience the same disorientation.

EVERYTHING MUST CHANGE for anything to change.

You must begin with an education in the real world and proceed with your vocabulary and then your basic values.

Otherwise, you are simply a Jehovah's Witness without a nest.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Terry - "When an EX-JW moves on with life leaving the Kingdom Hall in the rearview mirror, guess what he takes with him wherever he goes? THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS MIND SET."

Not always.

I had left the JW mindset behind years before I actually left the JWs.

I dunno; maybe I'm a weird-ass exception.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Intetesting Terry. I have noticed a difference in my responses since I first started posting here.

Phases like: "the truth", "the friends", "Jehovah',"going out in service", "worldly", "fleshly desires", spirit of the world" ect. would just trip off my tongue.

I never realized I had a them vs. us mind set.

I notice myself thinking differently now. I still have to catch myself but now I remember to use quotes.

• Niveau
    Niveau

MissFit: same thing for me, if you swap out "lurking here" for "posting here" You get so used to that language that changing it can take a lot of effort!

• MissFit
    MissFit

Terry said: everything must change, before anything changes.

Terry isn't that all or nothing thinking?

This is an on going process some changes take time.

Nieveau: it does take a lot of effort. I noticed the emotional pull of the vocabulary is lessening.

when I hear the phrase: the last days I dont get that feeling of dread or urgency that used to.

• MissFit
    MissFit

I have really enjoyed this discussion.

So far it sounds like leaving emotionally is as important as physically and mentally.

There does not seem to be a particular order to it.

As for me, I still have more work to do.

I am having a hard time with starting and maintaining social connections. Making friends.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hi all. I was just reading some threads that made me realize how easy it is to underestimate the emotional pull the organization has on us and our loved ones.

The threat of being destroyed or losing loved ones at Armageddon can really mess with a parent's mind. I remember getting more "active" after my kids were born.

I also remember the guilt I felt for not doing enough. My husband and children were going to DIE and it would be my fault.

I am free from that now, and the relief I feel is so staggering.

I think you have to be born in to really appreciate the weight that was holding me down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit