Teddy Hero Worship Continues -- Sept 15 Study Edition Bio on Melita Jaracz

by LostGeneration 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

A few years back I spoke with a Bethelite who was readying to leave Bethel along with his wife. He had been at Bethel for decades and was rather high up the ladder.

As he and I talked I recalled him as a teenager and young adult and spoke about his many academic and personal accomplishments, and a specific award he had earned when he was 17 years old. He replied saying, "That was the last productive thing I have done with my life so far."

This man left Bethel for "family reasons". He came home with high recommendations from Bethel. He and his wife opted to pioneer for two years afterward. He would never accept appointment as an elder, though several attempts were made. Then he did the fade.

His wife was and remains very distraught over this. But I know this man. He has brains, and everything was finally sinking in for him. His wife will probably never wake up to what's going on inside Watchtower. But he has, and it's really taken a toll on him, which is not surprising news around here.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Something about the timeline in this story doesn't jive?

In 1955, I wanted to attend the “Triumphant Kingdom” assemblies in New York City, U.S.A., and Nuremberg, Germany.

Ted was at the convention in Nuremberg, Germany, and we spent some time together. A romance blossomed. Following that convention, Ted returned to Australia and I went back to Vancouver, but we kept in touch by letter.

After some five years in Australia, Ted returned to the United States and then came to pioneer in Vancouver. I was happy to see how much my family liked him.

We were married on December 10, 1956.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When he was the G B Kingpin everybody on here hated T J , for his apparent hardline and autocratic attitude - but sometimes when I look at the superficial, lightweight, glitzy and moronic stuff that the present bunch are putting out, I could wish that he was back.

At least he had a bit of gravitas and seemed to keep things on an even keel . The crazy gang that are there now seem all at sea

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon
    sir82
    sir82 a month ago

I don't recall other bios of former GB wives written in the WT, although I could just have a foggy memory.

Melba Barry

Audrey Hyde (nee Mock widowed Knorr)

The life story of Gertrud Poetzinger appeared in the August 1, 1984 issue of The Watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit