Teddy Hero Worship Continues -- Sept 15 Study Edition Bio on Melita Jaracz

by LostGeneration 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Very weird article, you can read it here if you can tolerate such nonsense:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150915/melita-jaracz-blessing-in-life/

Basically Teddy was a super, duper spiritual giant who went undercover behind the Iron Curtain, sorta James Bond like. All the while Melita stayed home and manned the Bethel beauty shop.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I agree. Very weird.

Might as well get it over with and build a golden image and call it Ted. Hey, it occurs to me that under Watchtower theology Ted might be behind publication of that bit of hero worship!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I am not clicking on that.
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Sad article, really.

She says at one point, that she cannot describe how sad and lonely she feels without her husband, Ted, and that she still misses him. I thought, "Yes, I bet you CAN'T talk about that!! About how sad and lonely you feel, and didn't even have children together... because to do so would feel like you are expressing doubt or weak faith or that you are overly-grieving, thus not spiritual. So of course she "can't" describe how lonely she feels!! :(

And at the conclusion of article, you can read between the lines: it sounds like life is hard for her now and Bethel life is difficult. She says she doesn't enjoy the same amount of association before (because of health problems, but is it perhaps because her rock star husband is now dead, and she is but a lowly elderly female...?) She also can't do as much physically, sounds like she may even be dealing with pain... yet of course is still expected to do as much as possible and keep running on that treadmill....

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Here are the paragraphs at conclusion of article that I was speaking about:

"MEETING NEW CHALLENGES IN LIFE"

Melita Jaracz and other beauticians in the Bethel beauty shop

"After so many busy, happy years with my husband, adjusting to the present challenges has not been easy. Ted and I loved meeting visitors at Bethel and at our Kingdom Hall. Now that my beloved Ted is no longer here and I am not as strong as I used to be, my association is more limited. Nevertheless, I still enjoy being with my dear brothers and sisters at Bethel and in the congregation. The Bethel routine is not easy, but it is a source of joy to be able to serve God in this way. And my love for the preaching work has in no way diminished. Though I get tired and cannot be on my feet for any length of time, I get much satisfaction from sharing in street witnessing and conducting Bible studies.

When I see all the terrible things happening in the world, how glad I am to have been in Jehovah’s service with such a wonderful marriage mate! Jehovah’s blessing has truly enriched my life.—Prov. 10:22."

• sir82
    sir82

I don't recall other bios of former GB wives written in the WT, although I could just have a foggy memory.

It is kind of weird that a large part of her story is devoted to talking about him.

Wonder why she never mentions his nickname - "the boss"?

• SadElder
    SadElder
    I had been at Bethell for a week or so working on a special project, I remember walking down one of the tunnels past Ted and Melita. I spoke and they both ignored me, she looking down her nose as if I wasn't worthy of acknowledgement. I said well "huh... I never" and then I got a muttered response. "Enjoy being with my dear brothers and sisters".... maybe with a paper handshake at hand.
  • poopie
    poopie
    She's anointed so she will see him soon enogh
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Would of been fun to have been dressed in filthy works clothes from having just repaired a gearbox or something under a machine and pass gas as you walk by them. I could never wrap my little mind around the cast system to the dismay of some of the more stern elders I've met over the years.
  • fulano
    fulano

She is the most arrogant and cold person there. Even at breakfast behaved like the queen. Oh no, the queen knows how to handle knife and fork, sorry about that.

Anointed..., my a@€. Parasite you mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit