From A Bublical Point Of View Did You Ever Think The Trinity Doctrine Made Sense?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I see no logic in it. I see what appears to be some scriptural contradictions but I see no merit in a trinitarian view of God.

• designs
    designs

No, you are asked to believe God changed.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

yes

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was a believer and left the JWs for the Baptist church I just realised that opinions differ. I just picked the opinion that sounded best to me.

We have to remember that what the WBT$ say the churches believe is not actually correct. The WBT$ refers to Modalism......which sounds like an 80's synth band.

Now I am an atheist sort I don't give a monkeys cuss.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Nope!

Ifthe Trinity doctrine as stated in the Athanasian Creed is true, "and in this Trinity none is before, or after other: none is greater or less than another; but the whole three Persons are co-eternal together: and co-equal", then the following must also be true;

1. God lied - Ex. 33:20 - He wouldn't materialize for His faithful servant Moses, but He was prepared to show himself to Satan's "children" - the Pharisees - 1500 years later as the man Jesus.

2. Jesus didn't know he was equal - Matt. 12:32

3. Jesus lied - Matt. 20:23

4. Jesus lied again - Matt. 24:36

5. Jesus hadn't a clue about his role in the Trinity - John 14:28

6. Writing about God / Jesus relationship, Paul got it badly wrong - 1st Cor.15:27,28

7. Paul & John both got it wrong - Col. 1:15, Rev. 3:14.

• cofty
    cofty

The majority of christians could not explain the trinity without falling into one of many heresies.

How anybody can criticise the borg for their "overlapping generation" double-talk, and yet defend the trinity is a puzzle.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Yet Cofty but if some people say they feel it in there heart, who are we to answer i feel the same," i call it indigestion after a great meal"

I feel great with my trocucers on....but taking my troucers off i feel stupid. How much wearing troucers is based on the comfort we were bought up on.

When we try to change a persons thinking we are only ministering aid, and thinking our troucers are on. The other person also has trocers often with a belt and suspenders...they may even have a point.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Bibical? No.

But I have rationalized that maybe it could be true, but has just been explained poorly. As in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one in the same sense that the Governing Body is one body or the three branches of the US government are one government. They do not physically make up one body or one government, but they are one in the sense they are working in a unified effort toward a common goal.

Still another poor explanation (a little farfetched, I know), but I once rationalized this way.

• pixel
    pixel

the three branches of the US government are one government.

I kind of like this aproach to the Trinity. Even thou there are 3 branches, none of the are greater that the other, none of them can work separately without the other, and we refer to them as The Goverment, as in one, even thou there are 3 branches.

Having said that, they act separately when fulfilling their duties.

I had found lately that the explanation of the Borg/WT/FDS/GB for God, the Son and the HS is a little simple, almost too humane.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

pronomona......that was an origional thpught...thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit